MISS ONE HIT ONE

foxhunter

I lay up on a winny banking last night hoping to see if charlie would put in an appearance . I did a bit of squeaking and a small cub appeared on the track at the top of the pic , I missed this little fella and thought at least I know him and his siblings wont be far away.

peafarm2jul07001Small.jpg

I waited for about another hour with nothing showing so just on last light I gave it another squeak and this dog fox came screaming out of the adjacent banking straight at me , I shouted and stopped him and that was the end to a nice evening :P

peafarm2jul07002Small.jpg

This fox was one of the most beatiful I have ever shot .........

At least the one you missed was the cub, this should still be easy to clean up. It was a windy old night last night, easy enough to miss a small cub at range.

At least you got the adult dog fox.

Its a good excuse to go and sit out there again.

Cheers

Dave

Miss on or not pard at least you can get out and have a bang, and well done. Bloody rain has hardly stopped enought to get out down this way, and when it does stop I am always other wise engaged or ill. I did take Doug out yeterday afternoon just for a few hours but other than one magpie at 260yds there was nothing about. I will tell you now that wasn't me shooting, bloody good shot it that wind :P Wish I was half as good..... Rain has stopped so I may go out this evening for an hour or so.

Archived