Carry on Caravaning

6mmBR

Well I got in touch with a caravan site I shoot on over the winter months to see if the caravaners had gone home and the site was closed.

I popped into the office and had a chat with Rob the site owner, he was glad to see me saying that could I make a start on the foxes as he was having a load of tack sheep in to lamb and over winter.

So it was a fine evening last night cold and bright and the wind had died off.

Off Brian aka Welsh Foxer and I set on foot to cover the dunes behind the main site, we called and lamped and saw nothing :) We'd hoped after not shooting it since March there would be a few about.

Any way on the route back to the main site, Brians lamp picked up a pair of eyes high up on the dunes, it just sat there and would not come in.

We thought we'd try the that which promotes growth and vigour or bust approach and walk in on it to close the range.

Climbing the dune in front to close the range by 100 yards we kept the lamp just off the fox to see his location.

As Brians lamp went round there was another fox 80 yards from us curled up in the dunes with its head up its arse to keep warm. The .20 TAC made short work of it with a head shot, the other fox ran, I reloaded and shouted oi it stopped for a brief second and the 40gn .20 cal Vmax put is lights out at 150 yards :)

DSCF0887.jpg

This was a grand start and it proved to be a pair, dog and vixen. The vixen was the first fox we shot and the dog was hanging around.

From where we stood initially we could not see the vixen, no wonder the dog didn't want to come to the call he had his mind on other things :rolleyes:

DSCF0888.jpg

Brian and I decided to quit at this point as he was up early the next day to go picking up and I had an early start in work.

Cheers

Dave

Nice to see your getting some practice Dave :rolleyes::)

I have had the pleasure of shooting that rifle and I have also seen what it does to a Charlie ,its an awsum round for the size of it :)

Am gonna check the forcast tomorrow and see whats what,will be in touch.

Archived