458yds for Deer308

ajw

Thought Id add him into the 300yd club.

Yesterday was a beautifull day. It was a very hard frost that brought crystal clear conditions and not a breath with wind. We went up to a diss-used mine/quarry to spend the day shooting. We kicked off shooting at a stone the size of a loaf of bread standing upright at 975yds. Chris opened up with a 300 ulta mag tracer and was just 6-7" low, not bad for the first shot of the day <_< He was soon dusting the rock. We also had out the 308 with a full length pes moderator which is a beauty to shoot, and we soon started to nail the same rock.

After a while we thought we would move on to some rabbits that were taking advantage of the dry weather. Using the 308 we set up for some rabbits at around 450yds. With the first shot chris nailed it at 458yds followed imediately by a second on the same spot! Between the few seconds of the first and second shot, we both witnessed something neither of us has seen before. After killing the first rabbit on the spot, the other one turned on it and started attacking it :blink::huh: Through the scope I could clearly see that the second rabbit was ripping fur out of the dead one!! Anyway while the attacking rabbit took a step back to think what was going on it was then all to late for him.

All in all it was a bloody good day out :ph34r::rolleyes:

All the best, Andy

Sadly I didnt have the flipping camera with me, all I can say though it was spectacular, imagine the north pennine's with a dusting of snow and blue skies!!!

Cracker mate <_< , nice one any pics?

I have got some pictures somewhere of the same place and my 308, used to have it as a screen saver. I'll have a digg around for it.

I will say, I had a cracking shot aswell (with the 223), but im not going to take the lime light away from Chris :ph34r:

Andy.

Good to see you and Chris havin' fun mate, it's a shame they won't let us engage soft targets at Warcop as we'd all be quids in Baa!!!!!! <_<

:ph34r::rolleyes::blink: , You said it mate!!

Well Done lads!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::wacko:

welcome to the 300yd club , and so close to the 500yd mark :mad: ..........

All the best....................

RAY.......................................... :D :D

Guest deer308

thanks ray but i have just posted one on the 500 yrd club page as ajw did .

i hope andy can put some pics up of the place where we were all i can say is what a place.

regards

Archived