Compact bino's

So the wife asked what I wanted for chritsmas, she was gonna buy me an x-box and I said no bloody way buy me something ill use more than once a month!!!!!!!! Been thinking for a while a nice set of compact binos would be handy, I have a bog set of 12-50's for varminting but most fo the time cant be arsed to carry thing, looking a minox at zeiss at the minute, minox do a nice 8x33 but also zeiss do a really dinky set of 8x20's would would be handy to carry but worry the field of view might not be big enugh, really will be just using them on frosty winter morning for spoting foxes, magpies etc, I usually use my lecia rangefinder but its not ideal with only one eye piece.

Any opinions on good products much appreciated.

Some years ago I bought a shop-soiled pair of Kahles 8X42 DF, roof prism, rubber armoured. Not compact but small and light with excellent optics. Have a look through a pair, if you can. I use them for foxing(in the day), deer stalking and they've been on Safari with me. I do have other bins but these are the ones I use 99% of the time. Not cheap, though.

Peter

Craigy

I have a pair of swarovski 8 x 20B and have found them great, they come with a cordura pouch and fit in a top pocket or inside pocket with lanyard round neck for quick use, the 10 x 25b are good too but harder to hold still, field of view is not a problem and the price is reasonable if you look round.

Redfox

Craigy

I have a pair of swarovski 8 x 20B and have found them great, they come with a cordura pouch and fit in a top pocket or inside pocket with lanyard round neck for quick use, the 10 x 25b are good too but harder to hold still, field of view is not a problem and the price is reasonable if you look round.

Redfox

I too have a pair of the 8 x 20 B's and Redfox is right they are excellent.........martin.

p.s. I did try the zeiss ones and I chose the Swaro's over them cos I just thought they were better.

Yeh me too Martin although I did like the compact Leicas but the price was a killer.

I found a fair price at south west optics for the Swaros http://www.swoptics.co.uk/view.asp?KEY=638

but look around for a deal, you will see the Leicas are £568 <_<

I have the swaro 8x30 and 7x42 as well so I have enough invested in binos, but I love the Leica rangefinder binos, just not the price :ph34r:

Redfox

Guest northernchris

The Leica compacts are cracking bit of kit well worth a look Craigy.

Redfox

With Zeiss bringing rangefinding bino out there maybe a few pairs of Leica rangfinders going cheaper,the leicas are getting on for around £1300 now which is getting daft.All said and done they are cracking bits of kit only let down are they are a wee bit on the heavey side compared to std binos.

Hi

i have the zeiss range finding bins, and they are the best i have used,

i have all so looked through a lot of bins just lately and the leica HD are very good as well, they are very very light,and the glass is excellent.

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

If its Ziess it will be very good.

Go and try a set at a dealer and see what you like.

The Ziess rangefinder bins look excellent, just maybe a bit heavy but I am thinking about swopping my LRF 1200 and 7x42BGAT binos for a set.

A

Archived