JUST HAD TO GO

nemasis243

Was just getting in the bath last night when the phone went, I had planned on having a night in and my mate Simon was going to sort a problem for a farmer who I am not very keen on , so I tend to stay away from the farm and when Simon goes there the farmer lamps for him.

Simon was on the other end of the phone and wasnt a very happy bunny :lol:

The farmer had a couple of lads there the night before but only told Simon when he went to the farm lastnight, they had long dogs and had been having a go at the foxes , they chassed a couple but never got anything :lol: , then he wanted my mate to go and try and sort the problem out, all I can say he was bouncing.

Anyway he was so wound up I said I go for a hour just to try and cool him down a bit,so within 3/4hr I was at his house, we set off up to the local hills to a remote old cottage , the same place where 6MMBR and Varminter got into the 500yrd club when they were down with me for a days shooting ;) .

As you can imagine you can see along way in this spot , we parked the truck and got the gear ready ,

Simon didnt want to shoot so he twisted my arm to have ago :lol:

He switched the lamp on and off to our right abour 240yrds was a charlie mousing in a field, I put the bipod down and rested the rifle on the bonnet of the truck , just as the shoulder come into view I sqeezed off, "THWACK" ,the fox went down like a stone ,

27112008330.jpg

Simon moved the lamp round and heres another one but a long way off 400yrds+.

I started calling the fox looked up and started comming towards us, as it was running in it was spooked by a woodcock that flew up as the fox passed it,

Charlie didnt like it ,I called again he didnt know what to do ,he moved back and fore but wouldnt come any closer,

I knew he was a fair way and knew what the rifle was capable of (Left my Range Finder Home Didnt I) so I put the red illuminated dot on the top of the shoulder and eased the trigger off.

"THUMP" the fox folded and rolled down a small back it was standing on , we walked out to the fox and it was 364paces ,I was well chuffed with that and the bullet had dropped about 3" hitting the fox in the right spot.

27112008329.jpg

We called a little longer but nothing else showed ,so we started making our way home, as we passed a lane the brakes come on and Simon reversed , "I know "he said "we will have a look in this long field as there was a carrcus there a week ago,

We got out the truck and I put my Xsticks over the gate ,rested the rifle on them and Simon flicked the lamp on.

BINGO heres a big fox mooching around about 180yrds away , ,I lined him up and took the pressure on the trigger , Bang and charlie hit the deck.

27112008331.jpg

It was a lovely big dog fox in mint condition , we had a quick look at a couple of other bits on the way back but by then the fog had rolled in so it was time to call it a night,

Nice one mate,you certainly got some reds over there aint you...............martin.

Theres the odd one about :lol::o

But no antlers on these buggers :huh:

Hope things are getting better ,will catch up the weekend ,

Take care :blush:

Good going mate :rolleyes: Whats your count so far this year??

HI Chris its beaten last years with a few weeks to go.

346 so far ,been very lucky this year as I picked up some prime spots, but have also had the oppotunity to have a few guys shooting with me as well and they must have taken around the 70+ mark which I havent included in that total.

I have some land which I havent touched yet as the farmers want me to hit it very hard just before Lambing ,so hopefully might have a couple more to add to the tally :wacko:

nice shooting :rolleyes:

Archived