EVERY HAD ONE OF THOSE NIGHTS

nemasis243

Come out of the house last night to go foxing and I thought to my self , tonights the nite , great night for calling.

Met my mate Simon and off we set, we arrived at a small sheep farm and got things set up , I was on the lamp so I started calling .

Next thing a big old fox starts comming in like a grey hound, Simon got down on the bipod ,the fox got about 80yrds and I shouted and he stopped and just looked at the light, CLICK, the fox moved a few yards back and Simon racked the bolt again ,I barked at the fox and again it stood there and looked at us ,CLICK, I took the lamp off the fox which was by now starting to move away.

"Whats wrong "I asked, "dont know was the reply. :unsure:

I had a quick scan and the fox had moved into the next paddock so there was no problem putting on the small torch, The rounds were not being pushed up by the spring in the mag, it was jammed.

We sorted the problem and I started calling,using a different call, here comes charlie once again ,he got to about 100yrds and I stopped him.

Bang , number 1 on the deck, as I moved round the field another pair of eyes ,Simon reloaded and adjusted his position, the fox stopped at about 120 and Bang again ,number 2.

I carried on calling and heres another one comming through the hedge, he stopped and sniffed the one that just been shot, Bang number 3.

I called for another 5mins and we seen another two but the shot wasnt on . so we collected the ones we shot and moved onto another piece of land

25112008326.jpg

We parked up and again I started calling ,here comes another one ,straight into about 30yrds ,Bang number 4.

We walked a couple of fields and had another call,this time it was my turn on the gun, Simon spotted a charlie down in long grassy patch so I got the Xsticks set up and sqeezed a round off, Thump ,

"Show Off" Simon said as I just started laughing. "Scopes On Sime" I said , we walked down to the fox and its was 194paces. A nice little head shot. :blink:

25112008327.jpg

I gave Simon back the gun and started calling again for him, heres another one comming in like a train

25112008328.jpg

WE set off back to the truck and come to a large stone wall, I lamped over the top and there was a fox about 200yrds away rite in the middle of a flock of sheep,I started calling but this one did the complete opposite to all the rest it ran away,he must have seen this trick before somewhere,

As I moved the lamp round to take it over the wall ,heres another fox way out to our right, he was moving in towards us, I started calling again and here comes charlie even faster, :lol:

He got within 60yrds and I shouted and he stopped and Simon did the job on him ;)

25112008324.jpg

We shot two very dark foxes last night and out of the 6 we shot there was only one Vixon , just goes to show that they are travelling well at the moment and are starting to get a little bit more hungry as they are responding to the call very well. ;)

Just starting to drizzle down here so I cant see me doing much tonight so its relaoding time ;)

Archived