Certificate of Competency Courses.

In their letter of May 2008, the NRA laid out the requirements for those of us who want to continue to shoot on MoD ranges.

The major requirement is that every new member after 1st July 2008 must pass either -

i. The NRA Probationary course or

ii. A Club Probationary Course accreditied by the NRA or

be service or police personnel who have been certified safe by their commanding officer.

Have any clubs had their own courses accredited by the NRA? I've been trying for 5 months to get our course approved.

Please don't get me wrong - there are some very good people at the NRA trying desparately hard to preserve our sport and working hard to that end. It's just that I am now getting a little frustrated, and I am getting the impression that other clubs are in a similar position - IE the NRA have not accredited their courses.

What about YOUR club?

Perhaps you should hint to your club secretary that he / she should contact the Training Division of the NRA as soon as possible, failing that go straight to Glynn Alger who is NRA Sec Gen. All contact details here:

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/staff/sta...NRA&org=NRA.

More certification details here:

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/certifica...on.asp?site=NRA

best wishes

Londonhunter

LondonHunter,

Thanks for this - but yes, we've done ALL of that - and some more.

Has your club had their course approved?

We are very fortunate our club secretary is NICK HALFORD and if you check on the NRA website he works full time for the NRA in the membership department at Bisley and we have first hand information of these changes.

good shooting...........

We are very fortunate our club secretary is NICK HALFORD and if you check on the NRA website he works full time for the NRA in the membership department at Bisley and we have first hand information of these changes.

good shooting...........

Londonhunter,

I'm glad your club has the information on the changes - but (and please don't take this the wrong way) most clubs don't have access to Bisley and such first-hand knowledge.

My question was "Has your club had their course accredited?"

Obviously if your club shoots at Bisley you can simply use the NRA course, but if your club has submitted a course for accreditation, has it been approved?

Has anyone else out there had a course accredited by the NRA ?

Thanks for the info - and all the best !

• 4 weeks later...
If its any consilation .....My Boss has been wondering about my level of competency

when I offered to shoot a marauding coon....Oopps..I mean Raccoon.

For some reason he is convinced I am a terrorist. :o

308Panther

Think that shot Panther was a few inches too high :D

Funny though

Before any club goes to the expense of attending/running a course please check it is absolutely necessary, I have heard that it is not! Just a signed cert of conformance of your club sec/chairman.

I may be wrong but I think the training course is the idea of the NRA and not a necessity if anyone can clarify this I would much appreciate it.

GB

Archived