6.5 BR data required

Bambi-basher

Just some thoughts on putting together a lightweight stalking rifle. What I want to know is if it is possible to make this round big deer legal for |Scotland, so it has to make 1750ftlbs with at least 100gn bullet, I don’t mind going for the improved version(about 10% increased capacity). What is the min’ barrel length to achieve the legal min’ limit. I don’t want a 26” barrel on it. :)

Would some of you nice guys mind running the numbers though a ballistic program.

Thanks

B-b

Is the 6.5BR not the 6.5 Grendel, or is it very similar????? Or am i just bein stupid? Sorry i cant help with the data, but if you can get the velocity and energy which im sure would be possble it woul be a cracking deer round!

Guest dasherman

I've done a 6.5BR, seeing the owner at Bisley this weekend will ask what loads he uses. Think it would be easier to get what you want with a 6.5x47 than improved but if you want one I've a reamer thats only cut one chamber.

The 6.5 Gendel is based on the 6mmPPC case, slightly smaller than the BR case.

I looked at the 6.5X47 but the rifle is to be based on the same sized action as a Mini-Mauser, the 6.5x47 needed a 308 action size.

Two of my forestry blocks are mainly roe with the odd red, so 90% of the time it will be used on roe but it needs to be red legal for the odd one. My other block is mainly red with the odd roe so the big 270 is used there.

Best rgds

B-b

Guest varmartin

You have to push a 100 grn above 2810 fps to be legal....so dont think you will have any problems as a 6mmbr can do it with ease !!

I think a 24 inch tube will be as short as you should go though.

You have to push a 100 grn above 2810 fps to be legal....so dont think you will have any problems as a 6mmbr can do it with ease !!

I think a 24 inch tube will be as short as you should go though.

Yep you are right, I have found data and it can be made big deer legal with bullet weights of 100 to 130gn with a 24" barrel, I would think with a improved case you could use a 22/23" barrel.

All the best

B-b

Archived