LOADS IN WITH THE SHEEP

nemasis243

Well made plans to go out for a look last night with a good mate of mine Simon, We set off and arrived at our destination and the rain was just easing off thank God ;)

We met the farmer who wanted to come for a walk with us to have a look at what we accutally do, so after giving him a little safety briefing we made our way under his direction as he knew were all the stock where and all the wet spots.

The farm would be just under 300acres with a large wooded valley through the centre, we made our way to the top of his boundry field and looked back towards the hundreds of sheep that he has there,

1,2,3,4,5,6 charlies mooching around in the sheep but where the foxes where ,it was just impossible to take the shots. :angry:

I decided to have a little call and as I scanned the field a pair of eyes was rushing towards me from about280yrds away, my mate Simon was all set up and as the fox appeared over a small rise ,I stopped him with a quiet OH!. at about 80yrds

The fox put the breaks on and Simon placed a 39grner from the 204 ruger ,in his chest,

16112008306.jpg

I flicked the lamp round the field again and here was another one comming in but way down to our right , he was down in a small clearing in the bottom of the valley and I got his attention as Simon got a bead on him,

Thump and number 2 was in the bag ;)

16112008307.jpg

I scanned again I could now only see 3 more pairs of eyes , the sheep by now had moved into tighter groups which made spotting and also shooting a bit easier, there was charlie, just under 300yrds away sitting looking at us , I said to Simon ,"off the bipod mate " as the other two he had shot off the X sticks,

He laid down I a load of sheep that which promotes growth and vigour and mud :lol: , "You B*******D " he said to me laughing,

As he said Ok I give the fox the full beam of the lamp and he started to move to the right, I gave a little bark and he turned and sat again looking at us.

Simon flicked the safety off and sqeezed the trigger ,PLOP!

The farmer had never seen this being done at night and the air was Blue with the sound of a very happy man :blush:

I asked him to be quiet as there was another one out there, but unfortunately charlie had moved on ,

We walked over to the third after inspecting 1 and 2 and Simon had opened him up like a Kipper.

16112008309.jpg

We walked a couple of more fields and seen a few more which didnt like the light much , so we decided to make our way back, we were half way across a field and there was a small cops in the corner , so I decided to have alittle call there , after about 5mins heres a pair of eyes comming through the hedge about 180yrds away, he just made his way up and down the hedge but wouldnt come any closer, Simon got down on the bipod and said "Stop Him And"

So I gave a very loud bark and the fox just stopped and stared at us , Thump , and that was that , "Right in the head ,that one mate "Simon said and sure enough as we got up to it the bullet had gone right in the jaw and out the back of its head

16112008308.jpg

So the rain started once again and we decided to call it anight, we went in for a coffee and the next thing the farmer was on the phone getting us another two farms to do the vermin on , so more land more FOXES aint life a bitch :lol::lol::D

Another cracking night. Its funny those .20 cals seem to make a mess of the foxes. I shot 3 with my .20 TAC last night and with 40 Vmax it tore them from ar5ehole to breakfast :angry:

Nice and flat shooting and easy to moderate.

Cheers

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

good to see the 20 cals doing the job :wub: we had 2 last night :o that makes 4 this week :D that 39gr made a mess must try some my self .

Archived