Foxes pairing up?

6mmBR

Just a quick question, have any of you lads seen foxes pairing up yet.

I was out with Nemasis and we saw a pair of foxes and last night I shot a pair of foxes the dog only just behind the vixen.

Just was inquisitive as what was going on in the rest of the country.

Cheers

Dave

Just a quick question, have any of you lads seen foxes pairing up yet.

I was out with Nemasis and we saw a pair of foxes and last night I shot a pair of foxes the dog only just behind the vixen.

Just was inquisitive as what was going on in the rest of the country.

Cheers

Dave

Yes they are in Nottingham. They were early last year as well.

I took the dog out xmas week last year on my local quick walk around the farm tracks & saw what I at first thought was a cat but on closer inspection turned out to be a cub.

Gran.

Yes they are in Nottingham. They were early last year as well.

I took the dog out xmas week last year on my local quick walk around the farm tracks & saw what I at first thought was a cat but on closer inspection turned out to be a cub.

Gran.

Funny enough Andy saw cubs last year in December time. The seasons are all to hell so its probably mucked up Charlies biological clock as well.

Cheers

Dave

I heard a dog fox calling for a mate the other night from my door step just before going to bed, so I presume they're "at it" up here.

It does seem to be earlier every season the past few years, used to be around late January around here before they started mating.

I also think the seasons are going to pot as I shot 5 young cubs in the same field in late November last year, and a farmer up the road from me has seen two lots of cubs coming from the same den in the same year, in March and October.

Cheers,

Jinks.

Not actually seen any pairs, but one noisy sod, in mine and my neighbour's garden, kept me awake for nearly an hour last Thursday night (around 0200) with a "yow,yow, yow" location call. Luckily (for him or her) it moved off as I was about to get the 223 and mod to shut it up.

I would say it's about this time they start looking for partners in this area.

Peter

They are starting to pair up here, on saturady evening there were 2 running about, only one now though ;) I shot a cub 2 years ago in mid january as well which was pretty unusual.

On the marsh out the back of my house in East Essex I've heard foxes calling for mates for about 3 weeks now. The earliest I've shot a dependant cub was the first week of March, my brother in laws a keeper up in Suffolk and has shot depandent cubs in late February, amazing really.

Seen 3 Woodcock so far this year too, 2 up in Suffolk a fortnight ago and one on a shoot I beat in Essex.

Archived