Wasn't raining so off we go.

Gran

The past few weeks have given us very little scope for getting out, my buddy's work & inclement weather conspired to keep me indoors.

Last night it was clear so I picked him up at 8pm, he decided he wasn't going to take his rifle due to him being out all day with the shottie.

So for a change he drove my truck & I had the T3 inside the cab.

The first job of the night was to get parked up high on a bank & catch up on the gossip (as you do ) I saw one set of eyes but it turned tail instantly never to return.

We moved onto the next farm after sending a txt to the son who likes to know who is about, & while we were driving down a track (no lights) we could make out what we first assumed to be a large hare moving at the same pace just in the field,there's loads on this farm & we don't shoot them at any time.

We both said "fox" at the same time, he swung the truck onto the other side of the track to give me an angle & stuck the lamp out of his window & over the roof to show Charlie at about 80yds, I poked the rifle out of the window,chambered a round & dropped the vixen with a shot just behind the shoulder.

The call "fox" & its encounter with a 55grn V-max took about 10 seconds, its not very often we get to do it so slick but it worked perfectly, so guess who is going to start driving more often :lol:

I am getting more confident when it comes to chambering a homeload now, I don't know about anyone else but the first few times I had a little voice talking to me (don't tell my FEO ) "did you concentrate when you did this batch ?".

Didn't see anything else after that but I am just happy to have been out again. Piccy below.

Gran.

Charlie

Thats one less to do any bother, nice one :lol:

Had a spin out last night myself, the forcast was shite but we had a break of about 4hrs and I invited 6MMBR down on the hop to have a shot with his new gun , but I will let him post the story .

cheers Nem.

It was not a very big Charlie but as you say in very good condition.

On this farm its not that they are taking anything but they constantly trip the security alarms on a secure area he has.

I was pleasantly surprised at the wound, at that range I was half expecting a through & through but there was no exit wound & a hole the size of an egg in the entry area. It may well be that the round clipped its elbow before contact to enable it to have opened up so well.

We're happy & so is the land owner,still not seeing the amount of foxes we should with the farm only about 4 miles out Nottingham.

There doesn't seem to have been as many foxes being pushed out of the town to find their own territory.

Gran.

It was not a very big Charlie but as you say in very good condition.

On this farm its not that they are taking anything but they constantly trip the security alarms on a secure area he has.

I was pleasantly surprised at the wound, at that range I was half expecting a through & through but there was no exit wound & a hole the size of an egg in the entry area. It may well be that the round clipped its elbow before contact to enable it to have opened up so well.

We're happy & so is the land owner,still not seeing the amount of foxes we should with the farm only about 4 miles out Nottingham.

There doesn't seem to have been as many foxes being pushed out of the town to find their own territory.

Gran.

Hi Gran

nice to see someone else from Nottingham on here, nice going on the fox,

ATB

Colin :blush:

A fine looking fox Gran havnt been out for a while myself so almost forgot what to do, a bit crap when you only get two days and it turns out be crap weather or other comitments come up

Archived