New permission shows promise..

Streeker59

Hi guys. It's been a while since i've posted so i thought i'd share with you my first night on a new permission.

The shoot was a gift.. I received a call from a member of my rifle club a week or two ago. He has a friend with a small holding just outside Hemel Hempstead who has a fox prob. Would i mind taking a look as he prefered paper targets to breathing ones ? Whey - Hey !!!

Nipped down to the permission lastnight with my Sako Quad & .17hmr barrel, ready to do battle.. Kitted up, lamped the rifle, where's the bolt????? :lol:

In my haste to get there, i'd forgotten to take the bolt out of the ammo cabinet... ;)

A quick call to my trusty mrs who was in the middle of Sainsburys at the time & 30 mins later she arrives with the bolt and a few carefully selected expletives... :lol: Methinks this is gonna cost me dear in the long run...

Now ready to go, i set myself up at the edge of the main field and take cover in a small two stall stable.. I didn't have to wait long for some action.

The first two bunnies came into view 80 yards out playing in clumped grasses, they were quickly dispatched.

The third was a repeat of a situation i had a few months ago at another permission where i'd shot a bun & before i could pick it up, Charlie popped out of a hedge and snatched it from me.

I took out the third bun at about 60 yards. I was just about to put the lamp out when the familiar bigs eyes came into sight at 100 yds.. I didn't have time to grab my caller from a pocket so i pursed my lips and blew him a kiss.. I guess he'd never been shot at before... He came galloping towards me like a was a long lost friend.... At 70 yards, the .17 grenade dropped him like a stone....

The permission owner is well pleased & i now have another regular shoot to manage.. Chuffed?? What do you think.... ^_^

P1010006.jpg

Archived