rain stop play (well not last night )

mark-taffy

:blink: managed to get out last night while it stayed dry, got my tikka t3 varmint using 75 grain A-max work a treat im my rifle ,got tucked in my usual spot on the cliffs to see 20+ rabbits 170-195 yards out eating there evening meal ,hit 5 missed 1 before they clicked on there buddys were getting knocked off :blink: walking back to pick them up before it gets dark spotted 2 crows 120 yrds ,bagged one picked him up looking pretty hollow :blink: ,by now light was fading so set the lamp up ans had a scan around to see a fox 2 fields over ,seen the lamp and took off pretty swiftly ,then as im walking back to the truck had a quick look in the last field before setting of home to see a fox cub 120 yrds in the middle of the field so managed to drop him to bring a good night to an end .

took to digi cam out to take some pics hope they come out.

mark

foxing29thjune2007007.jpg

foxing29thjune2007008.jpg

foxing29thjune2007005.jpg

Hi Mark I see you've got the bug now :blink: What no AR15 I'm dissapointed. Glad to see you getting some action, your old man will have to look out now :blink:

Catch you soon

Dave

hi dave

the AR is in bits ,having the barrel threaded ,i think i would have run out of ammo if i took that out :blink: . tikka perfomed very good and stoning bunnys out to 200yrds is very addictive ,seems to be alot of rabbits around this year so the old man will be busy reloading :blink:

mark

I expect he's on the case now :blink: we cancelled this mornings range session due to the weather. I expect he's using the time on the reloading bench.

Cheers

Dave

Well done there - looks like you had a great evening!!!!

All the best............

RAY.............. :blink: :blink:

Guest rogern

A good night by the looks

I was all geared up to do a bit last night, it just would'nt go dark, at 11.15 I thought bugger it.

Tonight if it stops raining.

Like Mark said rain didn't stop play but the wind almost did :P

Went out last night with Brian, we managed 3 bunnies but the wind was playing havoc with Brians .223 :P

Luckily I took the 6.5 and had no real problems out to 170yds. The biggest problem was trying to shoot off the tripod sticks and almost getting blown over :o

Cheers

Dave

hi chaps

nice going there.

i tell you what,this rain is starting to piss me off,everyone that gets in the cab is wet through and the windows keep steaming up so you can not see where you are going.its to hot to where a coat and to wet not to.

well at least some of you lot are getting a bit of shooting done,keep up the good work lads,

rant over

ATB

Colin :P

Colin,its getting 'busy' with all the old grannies on the bingo run that steams your widows up :P Seriously though its not funny now how much rain we are getting,i can get out with the gun or the bike :(

hi 6ppc

there is many a good tune played on a old fiddle you know :o:P:P

ATB

Colin :D

Archived