had a play this afternoon

Funky Bunch

went out with Col48 this afternoon to load develop his rifles,a perfect opertunity to fireform some new 243AI brass,what a suprize pushing what is a std 243 load load thorugh the chrono a 68 gr Berger at just over 3800 FPS,so a full AI load should top 4000 :D

10 shots straight off the cuff just sat on the lands,this Nesika never fails to impress me

not the tightest of groups by couldnt feel the trigger it was that cold

Picture597.jpg

All shots there are certainly minute of varmint.

4000 fps is good stuff.

I can get it with my .22-250 Ackley with 52 gn Bergers, these are so distructive, so those 68's at the same speed should be impressive to say the least.

Cheers

Dave

went out with Col48 this afternoon to load develop his rifles,a perfect opertunity to fireform some new 243AI brass,what a suprize pushing what is a std 243 load load thorugh the chrono a 68 gr Berger at just over 3800 FPS,so a full AI load should top 4000 ;)

10 shots straight off the cuff just sat on the lands,this Nesika never fails to impress me

not the tightest of groups by couldnt feel the trigger it was that cold

Picture597.jpg

Could you give us that load for standard .243, I run 70grn Blitzkings with 47grns Viht 160 and the best I can acheive with accuracy is 3400+fps.

About to fit Pacnor magnum fluted barrel chambered .243AI to my dressed up Remmy, will this make it a custom Remmy, semi-custom Remmy, or just a bit more dressed up Remmy? :D . I await the judges decision. :D

Pete

Could you give us that load for standard .243, I run 70grn Blitzkings with 47grns Viht 160 and the best I can acheive with accuracy is 3400+fps.

About to fit Pacnor magnum fluted barrel chambered .243AI to my dressed up Remmy, will this make it a custom Remmy, semi-custom Remmy, or just a bit more dressed up Remmy? :D . I await the judges decision. :D

Pete

Same as mate, but why sacrifice accuracy, for velocity, i only get 3310fps out of the tikka at the minute with the exact same loading as you, only using fed 210 primers..............and have taken many foxes with that load out to and over 400 yards............437 being my longest..........

So i'd stick to the accurate load mate..............oh this was shot out of a 22" barrel by the way.......... ;)

Same as mate, but why sacrifice accuracy, for velocity, i only get 3310fps out of the tikka at the minute with the exact same loading as you, only using fed 210 primers..............and have taken many foxes with that load out to and over 400 yards............437 being my longest..........

So i'd stick to the accurate load mate..............oh this was shot out of a 22" barrel by the way.......... :lol:

I play about with loads till I achieve the best accuracy with quickest velocity. Some of the boys on here have shot my rifles and accuracy is never sacrificed for pure speed. The rifle to be rebarrelled has already had a lot spent on it to achieve it's present state. I suppose it's as Funky said, it's because I can. I like .243 for foxing and I'm looking to create a rifle that I can point and squirt at night, no time for dialling, so .243AI running 70grn Blitzkings around 3700-3800fps should give me less holdover to consider than standard .243 running around 3400fps I would imagine. I can then run my M595 .243 as a more dedicated carry rifle for general knockabout use. Longest fox under amber filter is 386yds using good old fashioned holdover. The headkeeper reckons if your going to eff around with knobs then stay at effin home and play with your effin radio. Ask Northernchris, the tobies round our way won't hang about long enough to dial so it's down to holdover and like it.

Pete.

I find it easier with my scopes set 1.5" high at 100 yrds. This puts you inside a foxs chest at 300 yrds. No dicking about just on and down.

Ads

Menial 1

Did you see me dialing any of the 4 i shot over your way that nite i was over??? its just dam handy to be able to do both ;)

That's right Northernbloke, you had to do a bit of proper shooting when you come on mine, they don't hang about to get their picture took do they.

You didn't do too bad for a twiddler.

I find it easier with my scopes set 1.5" high at 100 yrds. This puts you inside a foxs chest at 300 yrds. No dicking about just on and down.

Ads

Exactly, man after my own heart . Nothing wrong with dialling at night , we generally lamp the estate twice a week to keep Toby under control, but you won't get many shots dialling on ours, they just won't hang around.

Pete.

you have a PM,come off the 160 its too slow for the light bullets,been there and tried that.

dont forget to put a pink bow around your remmy to finsh the dress up ;) enjoy the load data

Hi pete

if its not the vit150 load id love a pm to that one too:-)

I have some 75g Vmax laoded up in Ai flavor with a "stout" charge of h414 to try tomorrow

as well as my 204r loads to try!

cheers Andy

Guest northernchris

As i said Pete the key is to be able to do both well whether dialing or holding over,and know when to use each method.

"Proper shooting" hows your fox count going old man?? ;)

Hi pete

if its not the vit150 load id love a pm to that one too:-)

I have some 75g Vmax laoded up in Ai flavor with a "stout" charge of h414 to try tomorrow

as well as my 204r loads to try!

cheers Andy

Have you weighed and measured the V-max Andy. I found them to vary quite a lot [even out of the same box] and use Sierra Blitzking for their better consistency, and a fair bit cheaper if you like to play around with your loads.

Pete.

As i said Pete the key is to be able to do both well whether dialing or holding over,and know when to use each method.

"Proper shooting" hows your fox count going old man?? ;)

I had written a long reply to you Cnris, but I just got logged off again before I posted and I can't be arsed to type it all again . I know only too well how good dialling is for long range work, but it's not for me after dark.

Just yanking yer chain a bit son.

I have to admit that I'd like my count to be higher , but it stands at 78 since March, but I don't count the ones my guests shoot ;)

Pete.

Have you weighed and measured the V-max Andy. I found them to vary quite a lot [even out of the same box] and use Sierra Blitzking for their better consistency, and a fair bit cheaper if you like to play around with your loads.

Pete.

Ill have to get a box & try mate but the Vmax are shooting very well for me to be fair!

Andy

Archived