Out with 6ppc and 22rf

varminter

Well guys i heard the forecast here in cornwall is supposed to be very wet over the weekend :( so i thought i would go out tonight just incase!!!

Went out with another good shooting mate as he is starting to train his cocker spaniel , So we went up on this new land i have been lucky to get and shot some bunnies with the 22 anchutz and then he worked the dog afterwords to pick up the bunnies ( it was a joy to watch ;) ;) ) .

Then we went to this spot i have been eying up that enables downhill shots looking along a hedge that go out to 390yds+ :D , so i set up on bipod on top of my jeep bonnet , and had 4 bunnies for 5 shots ( just shot over the top :lol: ) They ranged 277 / 282 / 342 and 365yds..............

Here they are...........................DSCF1356.jpg

So a cracking evening enjoying the countryside , watching the dog learning/working , in good company and varmint shooting!!!

All the best guys..................

RAY............................. :D;)

Ray, sounds like you had a good night!!!!!, we had a lot of rain last night later on, but the day time was not to bad????

I was up at five for a bit of crow bashing with my shotgun!!!!!!

31 crows and five pigeons, so not a bad day???

anyway well done my mate,

all the best from wales

darrel

Ray, sounds like you had a good night!!!!!, we had a lot of rain last night later on, but the day time was not to bad????

I was up at five for a bit of crow bashing with my shotgun!!!!!!

31 crows and five pigeons, so not a bad day???

anyway well done my mate,

all the best from wales

darrel

Thanks dave :lol: I have nailed a few at 400yds this year with the 6ppc!!!

Thanks also darrel ;) Good bit of shooting with the shotie buddy!!!!!

Always exciting when you get new land to shoot , especially if you have got some nice-safe long range shooting vantage points!!!

Have a great weekend boys ;) ;)

All the best...............

RAY.................. :D :D

Well had a break in the weather this evening and it stayed dry but very windy ;) So went for play with the 22 to thin out some more bunnies.

Went to the new farm and thought i would have a look at the longer range fields which go out to 390yds plus :D .

Wind was coming from the 1 oclock position so not too bad for windage even though the wind was strong!!!

Missed the first one due to not enough windage but second bunnie ranged bang on 280yds - bang slap!! Next up was a nice 353yds bunnie - bang slap!!! So that finnished the evening nice ;) ;)

The area i was shooting into is the second field and the shots start from 220 and go out to 390yds+ and you are looking all the way along the hedgeline , plus all shots go straight into field due to the elevated shooting position ( just remember to take 2 clicks off predicted elevation adjusment ) Here it is.......................DSCF1358.jpg

And heres the results...........................DSCF1362.jpg

Have a good week guys............

All the best..................

RAY........................... :D;)

Thanks guys ;) ;) Dave - yes it was definately worth the trip :D

Martyn , the pajero is my buddies ( so nice to chofered around ) and as for 6.5-284 i have 50 cases fully prepped ready to be used on some longer range stuff ;) ;)

Thanks again guys for your replies :D :D

All the best..................

RAY........................ :D :D

That is indeed a very nice looking bit of ground Ray,looks like the weather has been kind to you,wish we could get some desent weather over the weekend,bit crap when the only time i can get out is at the weekend my ground is just to far away to jump in the vehicle after work and if the weather is crap sat/sun thats me buggerd for another week,any how good shooting ray and some very respectible ranges

Thanks dave ;) You all have a great trip buddy ;)

Thanks too foxshot and happy birthday by the way!!! ;)

Sorry to hear you got so far to go to shoot and the weather has not been too kind!! The weathers been crap here too , just got to make the most of it when it clears up!! Also a very fortunate boy to have most farms close by!!

All the very best................

RAY................. :D;)

The weather has finally cleared up here in cornwall so went out for a play with 22RF and 6ppc , First up a bit of med-long range varminting - started with a nice 352yds bunnie , then 299 / 270 and a 314yds...........

My buddy had a go at one for his first time and had a nice 253yder...............DSCF1366.jpg

Went for spot of lamping with the 22 after bunnies and came across this cub............DSCF1368.jpg

Been after a harris bipod BR model for my ppc and advertised on here and sako 75 kindly sold me one of his!!

That arrived today so thought i would try it out - which i did on a nice 225yds crow!!! ( thanks sako 75 ;) )...........DSCF1372.jpg

Have a great weekend guys.......................

RAY.................... ;) ;)

Ray pleased you are happy with it; Mind you with that kind of shooting not sure if you even needed one!

Bob

The weather has finally cleared up here in cornwall so went out for a play with 22RF and 6ppc , First up a bit of med-long range varminting - started with a nice 352yds bunnie , then 299 / 270 and a 314yds...........

My buddy had a go at one for his first time and had a nice 253yder...............DSCF1366.jpg

Went for spot of lamping with the 22 after bunnies and came across this cub............DSCF1368.jpg

Been after a harris bipod BR model for my ppc and advertised on here and sako 75 kindly sold me one of his!!

That arrived today so thought i would try it out - which i did on a nice 225yds crow!!! ( thanks sako 75 ;) )...........DSCF1372.jpg

Have a great weekend guys.......................

RAY.................... ;) ;)

Thanks bob ;) Found that when shooting off the bonnet the BR model gives me a lower shooting platform which i prefer!!

All the best...............

RAY................ :D;)

Guest 308Panther

Nice job on critter control...

We had mid 90's here with 49% humidity.

Too hot to fish...Too hot to shoot...

Only thing days like this are good for is checkin out a movie and

absorbing a/c....or soaking in a pool...

50 something days and counting....

308Panther

Archived