.243 DEER BULLET

mildot

HI guys

I have been using my 7mm for deer but now i have a .243 i want to choose a bullet that will not cause devistation to a deer. Im using 87gr VMax for foxes and its blowing huge holes through them. and im sure it will do the same to deer and cause alot of blood shot meat! So im looking at an alternative.

What bullet do you use for deer in your .243?

What kind of meat damage does it cause?

Sierra gamekings are seeming to be accurate so far.

p.s its a .243 AI :rolleyes:

I was gunna try the SST's but heard they cause a fair bit of damage!

I like Nosler ammo. but didnt know if their 95gr BT would cause lots of damage.

I have a load of 95 grain SSTs loaded at the moment but they do a fair bit of damage. I was using 95 grain Noslers before that were not as bad as the SST.

Dave

I use the 95g BT and it does the number, if you can get the 100g to shoot use some Sierra Game King Spitzer Bolt tails. I use to use these on Fallow and it is devistating, kills them very well.

I use the 95g BT and it does the number, if you can get the 100g to shoot use some Sierra Game King Spitzer Bolt tails. I use to use these on Fallow and it is devistating, kills them very well.

The gamekings did look promising but that was while fireforming. so should be better when driven faster? fingers crossed. What was the meat damage like when you used them. and why change to the 95gr BT

The gamekings did look promising but that was while fireforming. so should be better when driven faster? fingers crossed. What was the meat damage like when you used them. and why change to the 95gr BT

They can be driven fast and there isnt that much damage, the great thing is they are soft points so break up very nicely if you neck shoot. If I recall I had one jacket seperation, which was amazing as it killed the Deer next to the one I shot. Dont know why it seperated havent a clue.

The sierras were so damn accurate I was gutted at having to change, this was due to a rifle change and the Sako didnt like them so the 95g came into play, good job really as I got a job lot for next to nothing... :rolleyes:

Ive actually got some here if you want them to try.

HI guys

I have been using my 7mm for deer but now i have a .243 i want to choose a bullet that will not cause devistation to a deer. Im using 87gr VMax for foxes and its blowing huge holes through them. and im sure it will do the same to deer and cause alot of blood shot meat! So im looking at an alternative.

What bullet do you use for deer in your .243?

What kind of meat damage does it cause?

Sierra gamekings are seeming to be accurate so far.

p.s its a .243 AI :rolleyes:

85grn Sierra Spitzer SP. Used mainly on fallow , muntjac and fox. Tends to drop them on the spot regardless of head, neck or body shots. Tried quite a few other makes and weights before settling on these. Very low on carcass damage. Will take reds down with body shots without issue. About £14 per hundred, so makes them cheap enough to play around with loads. 3080fps in my M595 so should prove even more effective in .243AI when pushed along a bit quicker. If you're around my way sometime you're quite welcome to take some to try.

Pete.

Archived