good night/bad night

foxshot

Me and my shooting budy had a run up north this weekend resulting in some dissapointing shooting for my buddy,,he decided to shoot on the first venue,this is an area that has produced some good nights for us,the drive was very wet but it is easier than walking as it is a big area to cover on foot ,driving through the first gate those familiar eyes shone back in the lamp,my mate got set up on the bonet of the 4x and placed the first shot perfectly in the fox's bonce as this was all he could see,a fine start with a good dog fox,no more than a hundred yards on another two were spoted,this time to get a good shot he had to shoot off the wall,after a few calls to get them to show themselve he sent the v-max on its way only to see the fox up and off into a wood,on to the next and again a miss,KNOW THE FEELING ONLY TO WELL, he was gutted,driving up towards the moor another was spoted in some long grass ,and again he missed,now we know the sights were spot on because he took out a rabbit at a good range he has pulled some cracking shots off before so i guess it was just some bad luck for him,two more were seen in the lamp but were over three hundred at least so we left them for another night,then on to the next venue my turn to shoot,after some time of driving and calling a fox turned and showd its self , got on the bonnet and had a perfect picture of the fox broadside on and before it knew what hit it it was dead a little vixen,a big sigh of releif i didnt miss,as his were in my mind,a little further on one came out of some cover again got on the bonnet and waited for it to stop,it obliged by stoping for a crap and again sent the little nosler on it's way that satisfying thump came back it spun then dissapeared,went down to retreive it from where it fell couldnt find it the only thing i could think of was it fell in a beck as one was where it was shot so that was one that wasnt retreived,this area also has access to the moors via a lonning unfortunately half way up the lonning had been washed out so that ended that,we decided to call it a night as the weather turned bad,as for the shots missed i know exactly how he feels had a real bad night one time missing fox after fox,a real head ######,not the best bag of fox's we have had but atleast the weather kept clear long enough to get a result

picture073ex3.jpg

Yes we all have them " moments " ;)

Glad you managed to bag some and make the most of the break in the weather!!!!! :D:lol:

All the best...................

RAY..................................... :D;)

Archived