Lovex SO70 - 6.5 Creedmoor

Tremo

Wilson & Wilson market SO70 as being comparable to Accurate 4350:

http://www.wilsonandwilsonfieldsports.co.uk/product.php?id=239

Presume you mean 6.5 Creedmore and NOT 6 Creedmore? If not, disregard the following:

QL shows max load of 45.1 gr of SO70 for the 6.5 Creedmore with a loaded round at SAAMI spec dimensions for a 123 ELD Hornady.

QL shows max load of 43 gr of SO70 for the 6.5 Creedmore with a loaded round at SAAMI spec dimensions for a 140 ELD Hornady.

As always - start 10% below max load and work your way up looking for pressure signs.

A friend runs a 6.5 Creedmore Tikka Tac (TicTac) with 140 ELD's very successfully using SO70, trading blows with much more expensive rigs. 

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:11 AM, stu47 said:

Wilson & Wilson market SO70 as being comparable to Accurate 4350:

http://www.wilsonandwilsonfieldsports.co.uk/product.php?id=239

Presume you mean 6.5 Creedmore and NOT 6 Creedmore? If not, disregard the following:

QL shows max load of 45.1 gr of SO70 for the 6.5 Creedmore with a loaded round at SAAMI spec dimensions for a 123 ELD Hornady.

QL shows max load of 43 gr of SO70 for the 6.5 Creedmore with a loaded round at SAAMI spec dimensions for a 140 ELD Hornady.

As always - start 10% below max load and work your way up looking for pressure signs.

A friend runs a 6.5 Creedmore Tikka Tac (TicTac) with 140 ELD's very successfully using SO70, trading blows with much more expensive rigs. 

Many thanks for the information Stu. ;)

Yes, 6.5mm it is.

I have run up some test loads already, but just haven't had the opportunity to try them. I used the starting load publicised for the 6.5x55 SE, but adjusted the charge for the difference in case volume. The max that I've charged is 43.5 grains, so it looks like I will have plenty of room to play around with on the next round of tests.

ATB mate.

Tremo

Archived