First FAC application Help

Cthomas

Morning guys,

im looking for a little advise.

i’m about to submit my first FAC grant and i’m Looking to clear a few things up.

i’ve been shooting nearly all my life from air rifles to shotguns. I’ve done a lot of lamping and regularly shoot over my dads dogs to assist with training for field trails, so feel I have very good knowledge of a wide range of disciplines and have very good gun sense.

My question is would it be a bit of a long shot to ask for .204 for my first FAC rifle? My preferred calibre would be a .223 but my thinking with .204 being a smaller calibre I stand a better chance? Then when variation time comes I’ll put in for a .243 and have best of both worlds? 

Also I have a lot of permission as I know most of the farmers in the area, when submitting my application would it be beneficial to submit multiple land permission forms with my application? 

Any tips on making the application run smoothly will be greatly received.

thanks in advance 

If you prefer 223 ask for that-there is no consistent case for,nor evidence of,the 204 being prefered by FEOs.The performance parameters are very close from a Police viewpoint,(legality and public safety),or indeed most others.Asking  your FEO is often worthwhile,anticipating any issues- but you can check  best practice etc with BASC if any arise.

Be sure you have Permission -you will need in writing perhaps- for at least one  farm,where the land has been 'cleared by police' as suitable for the calibre/use proposed  'good reason' (eg vermin).The FEO will contact the farmer.It will do no harm to list some others. 

gbal

Archived