87grnVMAX and magpies

nemasis243

Well went for my Sunday evening drive round the Turkey Farm, took the mule out and set off down to one of the many large dumps that they pile all the old straw from the sheds in.

These things are magnets for all kind of things , foxes ,crows magpies and many other spieces which arnt on the hit list ;)

Shot a couple of carrion crows as I left the yard on a couple of close piles of muck only about 80yrds away so I was well chuffed that I had started well. :lol:

Anyway I have asked the Farm manager if he start putting the stuff in a place where I can get a bit of distance from it ,so when i drove round tonight and seen this new pile I was well pleased, I got the old Swaros out and counted 9magpies dotted all over this pile of stuff, I drove the mule to a good vantage point so the wind was straight to target,

I pinged the pile and it was 362yrds away ,got the PDA out did my exball calculations and then checked it to my paperprintout of my dope for my scope.

there was a slight difference so I dialled in what the paperwork said ,just to see what would happen.

I dialled the scope and got set ready for a shot, all the birds were tending to take the high spots on the pile son it was a little while till one dropped half way down the side of it,

I loaded the 6MMBR and set my selfset for the shot ,I sqeezed off and the magpie totally disappered, I couldnt belive it , I have only ever had one completely explode before and that was using my 243 with 58grners,

I looked through the scope and there was a fist size hole in the muck pile and a few feathers dotted about but nothing you could relate too, to say it was a magpie I had shot. :lol:

I was bouncing inside wishing I had bought the DVD camcorder I had looked at Yesterday, that would have been something special to post on here !

Anyway sat there for a while longer and a magpie landed a couple of yards infront of the pile, so I set too and sqeezed a round off, this time it just cut the bird clean in half as you can see in the photo.

05102008251.jpg

If I get the DVD camcorder is it possible to put videos on here lads? :lol:

Cheers Andy

Nice going andy nice to be out and about in the countryside, I even managed to get out myself today first time in about 6 weeks managed a couple of pigeons and maggies at around 200 yards and a bunnies at a tad over 300 yards, great to be back out with the rifle, missed it!!!!!!

Archived