600 yard gong, finally hit it!

shrek

Set 2 gongs up a couple of weeks ago, 1 at 425 and another at 600. The 425yard gong has been getting a propper punishment with the 6BR and the 308 however i was hesitant to shoot at the 600 yard one as id given it a couple off go's with no success! The other evening however in last week then it WASNT raining there was not a breath of wind and i thought here we go, set up the 6BR dialed took aim BANG........ FLASH....... CLINK as i watched the silver 5x5 inch plate sway wildly from the bullet impact! As you could imagine i was extatic having a first shot hit at 600 with my VMAX load!!

Gave it another got today in a very gusty wind, as that last session build my confidence up to cockyness levels :o as asked my father to watch the plate i was confident to have another first shot hit, however it didnt go with expected.

First shot: Not a clue

Second shot with hold for wind: 1 foot left

By this time my father who is a propper 100 yard deerstalker was giving me all the "ohh its too far away the rifle cant do that malarky"

Third shot: Smack bang in the center of the plate! That wiped the smile of my fathers face!!

Nice one Shreky. Was that with your 87 Vmax load.

Those 87 Vmax are a good bullet and from experience they will get to 1000 yards with out much fuss.

600 yard plate that sounds a lot of fun, Andy and I have been thinking along those lines for a bit of practice.

Cheers

Dave

your rifles are certainly up to it mate, you and your father should come down for a holiday and we wil show your father what a 308/7.62 can do at and past 1000 on rabbits and crows

dave will tell you about he's first trip down and the shooting in a20mph wind at 1006

id say those Ph's are wicked fr the money! :o

Cheers Andy

your rifles are certainly up to it mate, you and your father should come down for a holiday and we wil show your father what a 308/7.62 can do at and past 1000 on rabbits and crows

dave will tell you about he's first trip down and the shooting in a20mph wind at 1006

If I remember correctly we were allowing around 15 MOA for wind :o:)

Great fun and we all managed to connect with the target with Jamie's PH :)

Cheers

Dave

Now then Shrek...I'm sure that really altered your ol' mans opinion on the long range capabilities of your's and no doubt his rifles :o Good shooting there mate!

Hope all is well with you and your blasting away at those wildfowl?

Archived