Sako M591 in .308 - Left Handed - £450 with moderator

****Price should be £400 - can't edit the thread title though!****

Beautiful Sako .308 for sale due to lack of use...I'm clearing out my Section 1 firearms as I'm involved in a new work project which looks likely to excluded any reasonable chance of shooting in the foreseeable future - this combined with an approaching renewal seems like a good time to move on my rifles and let them actually get used!

The rifle is a factory left hand M591 in .308, with a semi-heavy weight barrel (27mm at the action, 18.5mm at the muzzle), in an approx 525mm length (so about 20" - measured to bolt face). The barrel is threaded, and is factory standard as far as I know. There is some wear on the bluing of the barrel where the bush of the reflex mod sits, but this is obviously hidden when the moderator is in place, and with a 20" barrel it isn't a gun I'd tend to shoot without one!

The stock finish is in exceptional condition, having just been stripped and re-done over last winter with a hand rubbed linseed oil finish. As you'd expect form a Sako rifle of this era, it is beautifully made. This quality is also reflected in the trigger, which is factory standard, and as you'd expect from a Sako, it breaks like glass, and is very consistent.

Included with the rifle is a T8 moderator which is showing no signs of corrosion on the outer wall, and has always been cleaned out with water repellent and rust inhibitor after every outing, whether it was fired or not. I have generally had a home made neoprene cover on the moderator too which has reduced exposure to weather etc. This is worth exploring as if reduced the 'ring' of the moderator when fired, making it much nicer on the ears when firing without ear protection (stalking for example), as well as making it quieter when brushing past twigs and the like. I have a Garlands Realtree finished factory moderator cover that I will throw in - unused too!

No scope included, but I may be able to sort a package with one, and I have a Harris bipod that may be available too.

The rifle has been well looked after, and I've used it for stalking, foxing, club competitions with the Frome District Pistol Club, and it has been shot successfully* out to 1000yrds at Bisley using military FMJ ammo. It will shoot single hole @ 100m with hand loads if I do my bit.

I will post pictures shortly...

*By successfully I mean I've hit the bull, but I'm not a 1000yrd shooter, so I'm not sure on group sizes! icon_smile.gif

Rifle is in Frome (Somerset), sale is cash and face to face.

I have loads of stuff to go with it such as Optilocks and reloading dies plus a pile of bullets and cases etc - packages can be sorted, and then anything no wanted I'll be selling afterwards.

Pictures to follow shortly :)

Archived