Skanys visit to Cornwall

varminter

Skany wanted some help with Exbal and some chrono readings so i invited him down to Cornwall for some fun!!!

I must say it was a pleasure to meet another member of the Uk varminting crew!!!!! ;):)

So after a good chin wag and a cup of tea it was off to the fields to set up and check zero and chrono some loads over my CED Millennium chronograph!!!

his 243 ackley was running the 65 V-maxs at a healthy 3774fps with a extreme spread of 16 and great accuracy, so looking good !!! :D

Now we then went out to 400yds and ran Exbal and dialed in the figures , Andy then fired 3 no of 3 shot groups to get a picture of true readings...

Then he shot a group at 500yds with the info from Exbal , shots were pretty spot on and a nice 2 inch 3 shot group with 2 shots into 0,75 of a inch , so looking good!!!! :D

DSCF3320.jpg

Andy also had a crack at a bolder at 760yds and was connecting well , so a definitive thing that everything s working well!!

We meet up with Silent souls later on in the day for some varminting fun , Jamie was kind enough to invite us out to " little Africa " -- thanks buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

we had a great time , Skany spotted a crow at 505yds , he dialed in the correction from Exbal for elevation and a 6mph wind from 11 o'clock and sent the 65 v-max on the way , he was rewarded with a direct hit!!!!

So well done Skany and welcome to the 500yd club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Next up was Jamie with the 300 Win Mag!!!!! :ph34r:

Bunnie was at 541yds and Jamie dialed in corrections and sent the 210 Berger on its way!! , and was rewarded with a nice solid hit too!!!

Well done mate and welcome again to the 500yd club!!! ;)

DSCF3325.jpg

It was a cracking day and as always really enjoyed sharing a hobby which we all enjoy so much!!!!!

DSCF3327.jpg

I hope that Skany enjoyed himself with the Cornish fruit Slayers and is not too knackered after the drive back home!!!!

All the best...................

RAY.........................................

Ray what are you doing to Ja?????????????? dont think he likes it much going by the look on his face :ph34r:

Must be my snubb nose digging in his back Chris!!!!! :D:lol: :lol:

All the best....................

RAY............................. :D;)

Hi Guys

cheers for the write up Ray:-)

I Had a great time down in deepest darkest cornwall altho it was a blindin sunny day!:-)

was a real eye opener shooting at paper at range mind & having to drive down to check to see you groups!

I dont think I belived i hit that crow untill you went & got it mind! :D:lol:

I still think the best one was the bunny you hit at 180 ish :lol::D:ph34r:;)

Vmax rule :lol:

anyway great to meet you & jamie & hope to do it again someday for sure!

gona sort out a shooting asap!

thanks again

Andy

Guest varmartin

Sounds like the `three amigos` had some fun :ph34r:

Shame I could not join in the fun this time...was off in Exmouth sun bathing....with the wife and kids :D

Good to see Exbal is talking the truth for your Ackley Andy.,...Catch up next time maybe. ?

Well done on the long range shots too a few 500+ shots to be proud of.

Well done lads!!!!! Thats the way to do it :ph34r::D

Tell me do you run your hard data of your targets into the part of exbal called trajectory validation??

This is some thing that we have not done yet??? Exbal has been ok on range days!! but if it was a couple of clicks out,, Would this then inturn alter exbal at all ranges used???

Hope that you get what i am trying to say????

Some people alter the fps,,,,,,

Some people alter the b.c.

Al the best,,, Darrel

fudge................cornish fudge is best or give it minute of cow pat

LMFAO.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Andy on getting to terms with Exbal, when do you start giving lessons. I've got it on my Xmas present list.

Many congratulations on joining the 500 club.

Hi Mike

when u get sorted mate give us a shout as idont know anyone else that likes the long range stuff!

was bloody cool to ge a hit at 500Plus with luck only playing a small part for a change!

Cheers Andy

Having Fun there Lads , its great when things go well! :lol:

Its great to see that you gave an invite for someone from the site to come down and play for the day, :lol:

Cracking shooting by you guys :lol:

Guest varmartin
fudge................cornish fudge is best or give it minute of cow pat

Near coughed me tea up...priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.....that sounded like a Codine head trip.....or was it one of those blue `poppers ` that inspired you ?? :lol: :lol:

You Lads crack me up!!!! :huh::lol:

Skany you was more than welcome ( as anyone else is from the forum ) , whenever you want to come down again just let us know!!! ;)

Like i said , its always a pleasure to meet any of the Uk varminting crew!!! :D :D

All the best.................

RAY........................

PS .............. Darrel ,

I shall give you ring about input to Exball my mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;)

Archived