Checking out some new land with 22RF and 6PPC

varminter

Just recently got some new land so went for a wonder after a crappy week of weather ..

So i took the anchutz 22 and me 6ppc running 58 v-maxs , ended up with 39 bunnies , 2 crows and 2 magpies....

Heres a bunnie taken at 378yds.............DSCF1349.jpg

And in this same place i left a couple of bunnies to tempt the corvids for later!!! Well it worked , we came back a hour later after thinning out some more bunnies , when these 2 magpies was feeding on them , So i dailed in for a 353yds shot and for 4mph wind and waited for the magpie to give me a nice side on view - which he did!!!

One 353yds magpie.................DSCF1350.jpg

To sum up a cracking day...............

All the best..............

RAY.................. :P:blink:

Forgot to say " hope you guys have had some time this weekend for some varminting"

All the best............

RAY............. :P:blink:

Guest varmartin

Well you did have some fun Varminter, and some good long shots too ! ;) ;)

I had a good day as well, working till 11pm. Rescued 6 people and all went home happy :D

Had a near miss on the way home from Looe in Cornwall, driving around a bend and a car came flying towards me , spun around , went up the hedge and ended on its side right in front of me 10 foot from my van :o :o ...

Called police and ambulance, dragged the woman from here car ( out through the sunroof )and made her sit down..before she fell down !!

She was unhurt , but he boyfriends car was a wreck !!

Oh well ...another day on the road :rolleyes:

Martin

Good to hear you are all okay buddy :rolleyes:;)

Job well done matey!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best...............

RAY................. :o;)

Guest varmartin

Yep..... a bit spooky weird that was , as I approached the bend I slowed down more than usual ,sort of subconcously :rolleyes:

Things could have been a lot worse....could have damage my trigger finger!!! ;)

Martin

Your a dark horse Ray, I thought you'd been a bit quiet :rolleyes: Glad you've got some new land and making use of that ppc. A cracking bit of shooting by the look of things.

Martin that sounds a lucky escape that bit of road up from Looe is awfully windy. We've got a couple of days fishing booked from there in 2 weeks ;)

Cheers

Dave

Looks like you had a very eventful weekend Martyn glad everything was ok looks like you had some good weather for your new ground Ray and once again some good long range shot's,i guess you dont miss many at those sort of ranges with the set up you have

Thanks dave i had a great time ;):o

And thanks too foxshot :o:D Yes i do miss buddy on them small targets -crows/magpies / bunnies , its learning from each shot that reduces the amount hopefully :rolleyes: ( Think i need someone to teach me to shoot properly:lol: ;) ) .... Teaches you alot of when to touch off that trigger and reading wind speed /direction and gusts /lulls .........

Forever learning :o :o

All the best guys............

RAY............... :D :D

Foxshot you take Ray out foxing and get a fox under 75yds and he will miss every time, it aint the just the small targets he misses :D:o;);) Ask him how many he has misses when he has been out with me :o:o:o

Ray how many do you miss when you are out with chary hunter :rolleyes: , gona have to try and get down your end of the country looks like you have some fantastic long range shooting

Ray how many do you miss when you are out with chary hunter :rolleyes: , gona have to try and get down your end of the country looks like you have some fantastic long range shooting

Yeh dont like them short range hey nigel ;) ;) Stick them out 250yds plus and i seem to settle down :o :o

If any of you guys fancy coming down for some varminting you are more than welcome :o :o

All the best................

RAY............... :D :D

Martin, glad to hear that you are ok???, i always think of the saying ( there for the grace of god go i),,,, it makes you sit up and think a bit does,unt it????

ray,

nice to see your pics and to know that you are out enjoying your new land?? ;) while the rest of us are stuck in the bloody house reloading :P:P

all the best boy,s darrel

Archived