USA update

JR__

Hey guys,

Thought I'd chime you in our latest triumph. We have gundrilled the first rifle barrels here at knights this week, and let me tell you it was indeed a boost to my morale. The gundrill bought new in 2001 had never been used here, as there wasn't really anyone qualified to use the machine. Fast forward 7 years, we set the machine up to do the job, but it was having problems with the PLC and servo drive. The service rep just left Friday after we spent about 4 x 12-15hr days this week getting the programming sorted out, but by gawd we got her up and running. I ran a dozen CM blanks thru Friday, and set up to run some Stavax for another job Friday afternoon/Saturday morning. This particular machine is much more boring than the usual mechanical suspects, it tells YOU when the drills are dull, you can change your feed rates on the go, has a lot of bells and whistles which thankfully work. As far as versatility, this machine should do very well. It was a good week, hope the progress will follow thru to the next project. Have a 6 spindle reamer and 1/2 B rifler ready for hydrauic fluid and electric power, it's all coming together.

Archived