over the border

foxshot

Had myself a look over the border last night to dalbeatie for a spot of lamping the weather was very quiet with a slight breeze,after about an hour and a half driving arrived at first farm more than often a fox is spoted in the first couple of fields,and sure enough one showed in the second field but no sooner had the lamp hit it and it was off only had two chances when it stop'd long enough for a shot first time forgot to knock off the safety second time was on skyline so a safe shot wasnt possible so it lives to fight another day,the next one however was a totaly different thing this one was showed after about half an hour later sitting on the outside of a big gorse bank totaly relaxd not botherd by the lamp,got down to take the shot but fence line was in way got a bit further up and again got down and it presented its self with a perfect front on shot,sent the little 50 gr pill and put it to sleep for good ,a fine dog fox,another was spoted when i arrived back at the motor but wouldnt leave the cover it didnt seam to be botherd by the lamp so left it for another day,then on to the next venue another area that has produced in the past,after a while walking and calling the familiar sight of a set of spotlight eyes were spoted above where i had parked so it was off to see if i could get a shot this fox again was perfect sitting in the middle of a field ,gave a call with the WAM and down it came like it hadnt been fed for weeks just waited for the right moment then stoped it and again perfect front on shot,fox 2 in the bag ,a fair dark coloured fox as you can see, just above this one was another but due to the stock by the time i got to where i could take a safe shot the breeze was in the fox's favour and off it went into the wood that was behind it,the next one wasnt so easy ,this one had to be taken shooting from a rather unstable wall firstly all i could see was the top of its head eventualy got to a point where i could get a clear shot but it took three goes to stop it long enough to take the shot No 3 in the bag by now the time was geting on and i had a fair bit to drive home so called it a night would have been ok if my mate hadnt been at work he could have drove

picture065wh3.jpg

picture067ai5.jpg

good shooting foxshot, a very good night and worth the trip. can i ask what kind of comb raiser that is on your rifle and where you got it as im looking for one.

all the best

alan.

All i can tell you about it alan is it has hunters of england on it and i got it from my local gun club

Hi Foxshot and well done!!!!! :ph34r::)

Nice writeup and a very nice looking silver colored fox you have there!!!! :D :D

Making the most of the good weather i see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best...................

RAY.................................. ;) ;)

Archived