a pair of dog foxes from thrusday night.

22/250 foxer

went out for a nose about over my shoot as i havent been foxing there for ages. i new there would be one or two about. so pulled it to the field in the 4x4 had a call but nothing. give it 5 mins then tryed again done this on and off for about 15 mins stil nothing

anyway moved into the next field and there was sheep in there but im sure i see a pair of fox eyes anyway he went out the back door

so drove over the otheside by a massive wood for a call anyway after a couple of trys i had a feeling the fox would show behind me so lamp on and he was there hiding in and out the tall bits of grass. i called on and off with the wam a couple of times but he wasnt having it. i new the shot was safe as there is just a dead bank behind. but to throw abit more safety to it i got in the 4x4 turned it to the fox and stood on the back.

many times we have done this when we been out shooting so i no its much safer knowing the bullet is going to hit the backstop alot sooner and shooting down at a angle.

anyway long story short he wouldnt come in so i dropped it at about the 180 yard mark 55 grain federal softpoint left him like a bag of crap on the floor i was so pleased it was my second fox with my new rifle

moved on back to where i 1st started and had a call and soon as i stopped two more where running in to about 100 yards the otherside of the fence i could have took one for sure but as my dad was on the floor and i was on the 4x4 he couldnt see over the fence to hold the lamp on one of them off the foxes went.

made gun safe was just about to go to different field and a single fox showed up mr 55 grain back in the rifle fox at 100 yards body shot down he went.

so 3 shots overall at foxes since ive been out with it. and 3 kills so far one at 100 one at 170 and one at 180 yards. well they mite not be that far of shot. im so happy with it as its my 1st real go at foxes with my new rifle. seen six overall on this night so i no there is more foxes to be had there. they where in super condition lovely coat and tail not a mark on them and looks like they have been feeding well.

foxpic1.jpg

88.jpg

Yes Well done mate!!!!! ;):lol:

Nice writeup too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best.................

RAY....................... :):D

Nice write up buddy ;) , nothing like shooting a couple of charlies is there? ;):D

think i could have had one or maybe two more if i stayed abit longer but the bushes by the fence line needs cutting back abit.

i can see over them but my dad who was on the lamp couldnt. and as he is just getting over a bad break in his leg he cant even stand on the passenger side to get abit more hight :wacko: i will park in the feield next to it next time. but my look they will be in the other field i was in :ph34r:

Nice going mate ,hope its the start of many for you

cheers mate :) went over to a friends saturday to show me some reloading and we went out for a couple of hours lamping

had two more dogs but he shot them and i was happy to lamp. shot with 222 with 50grain vmax homel oads had a good night and done a good about of walking to so keeps nice and healthy27-9-082dogs.jpg

Archived