silly question about .22lr cb longs

craigyboy

I have been looking for a solution to a problem latley that I made for myself, to make more room in the cabinets I got rid of my air rifles thinking i never use them anyway. Suprise suprise I found a job for them and dont plan on buying any new ones so wondering if anyone has used .22lr cb longs to shoot into trees etc for crows, pigeons etc. I tried some through my rifle and they work ok not brilliant but at 30 yards they are minute of crow and damm quiet. They are a 29g bullet doing 710fps generating 30ft lbs so they should be safe for shooting in the air right?????????????????I know my last air rifle was doing 40ft lbs with a 21g bullet at 900 odd fps so there aint much difference is there? Am I just being crazy thinking I can shoot into tress with these like with an air rifle or are there loads of people doing it and its safe? It just seems odd shooting a .22lr into trees and cant bring myself to do unless I hear that other people do it with the cb longs.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Craig.

I use the CB's sometimes for a patch I have where range is restricted. At 25yrds they drop about 1mil in my Hawke scope, but still hammer the bunnies fairly hard. The rounds are not like soft air rifle pellets as they are solid and will scid about and attempt to get you in the shite if they can, but used safely and as intended l can't see whay they shouldn't do very well for your purpose.

thanks guys ill do a bit more shooting wth them and decide if they are ok to use.

Geoff Florda was good fun never got to plan with an m16 but had a lot of fun with a taurus large frame 44 magnum, was great fun, what about the 20br geoff any news on it?

Archived