GLARE

nemasis243

If any of you Shoot using a scope mounted lamp and use a Moderator on the rifle , have you found that you get Glare problems in the scope?

Just a quick post to see how you have over come the problem?

cheers Andy :P

Hi Andy,

Had this very problem myself. I sorted it out by mounting the lamp under the stock, attaching a fitting to the front sling swivel. Works very well. However, you must have the lamp as close to the barrel as possible, otherwise the difference in your line of sight and the reflection from the fox's eyes is too great and all you see is a watery glow. I use Cluson lamps and it's fairly simple to get it right but I've not used a Lightforce so there may be issues with getting the lamp close to the barrel. If you wish to make up a suitable mount, shoot me a PM.

I found a sunshade to be a bloody nuisance, only a slight tap on something and the lamp was knocked out of line.

Peter

Luckily i have never had this problem,dont know if it is due to the T4 being shorter or the fact that i had it teflon coated so producing a dull finish

I understand its a pain in the rear, i have the same problem or i should say HAD .

A simple remedy is to put a piece of insulation tape accross the bottom of the scope about 1/2 inch -15mm.

It doesnt affect anything apart from the glare.

Same as sakoboomstick and it sorted it for me.

Different scopes seem to give different results on this some seem worse than others. I suppose it depends on the refractive index of the glass and coatings combination.

I understand its a pain in the rear, i have the same problem or i should say HAD .

A simple remedy is to put a piece of insulation tape accross the bottom of the scope about 1/2 inch -15mm.

It doesnt affect anything apart from the glare.

Thats exactly what I did, works like a charm and dead cheap.

A

Archived