Great day out with Remmy

foxshot

Had myself a run up to remmy's part of the country today after been kindly invited (cheers Dave) to have a go at some long range shooting although it was targets it was eye opening,after a bit of a crack and a cuppa we went to an old quarry where dave shoots targets,shots could have been possible out to 500 plus but there was a fair wind blowing so wasnt realy practible,dave set out targets at 225 yds, first up was me with the 223 ackley and to be honest i was wasting my time the shots were all over the shop,would have been hits s on something like a fox but that's about it the wind just played havock dissapointed with the results,

Then Remmy (Dave) settled down with his 243 stalking rifle after sussing the wind he produced a very fine group as seen in the pic, personaly i was very suprised how well it shot for a bog standard rifle (no offence intended Dave) but the proof of the pudding , feels nice to shoot as well ,then we set up at 100 were the wind was going to be effecting the bullets less,although the last photo isnt the best group i have produced it wasnt bad

Me shooting from the bench,remmy's 243 in foreground

dsc00024zr0.jpg

View back to the target

dsc00025ja4.jpg

Dave intended to do set me up with a bit of stalking but the weather ended up geting worse so called it off

group shot by dave with a strong wind blowing (coin 5p)

dsc00028nx2.jpg

My 100 yrd group with the ackley

dsc00029by0.jpg

A big thanx to Dave for a good crack and some very useful info on the graloching of deer

look forward to next meet

DSC00027-2.jpg

no hidden holes under the 5p :lol: thanks for coming up col had a great day and pleased you enjoyed gralloching the deer, it was nice to shoot your custom rifle, it was so smooth to shoot not like my bloody thing, ;) glad you enjoyed your day mate, the blue patch was on a full size roe target on its neck, took the first shot bang on the button then put two next to it, but like col said the wind was bloody bad rgds remmy. ;)

104 veiws and one reply whats the ####### point of posting, thats my last..............................

Come on Darling don't be like that!! , you know we love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):P

Know its good you lads had a great time together , and its sure nice to see fellow Varmint / deer hunters getting together for a shoot!!!! B)

Some very nice scenery there too!!!!!!! ;)

Foxshot , you will find that the " ole wind " will give your light bullets a hell of a time in wind , i have to watch the wind like a hawk at extended range with the 58 v-maxs - where as the heaver bullets with a good BC will certainly hold there own!!!

Nice going lads.............................. :D

All the best.......................

RAY......................................... ;):D

Guest varmartin
104 veiws and one reply whats the ####### point of posting, thats my last..............................

Dave, dont take it to hard mate...some people just skip thru this site catching up on the latest news.

I for one dont have much time to spare so read near all posts and then get back at a later date and reply if I can contribute to the post.

I have learned a hell of a lot just by reading about things...so keep up the good work it does not go ` un-noticed` :P

LOL Middlestead good rely or do you mean reply ,no mater what is said at the end of the day it was a good shift with the rifles and that rifle of Remmys can shoot and bloody well indeed, although it was a fair way to travel it was worth it Dave and look forward to the next time then perhaps we can shoot out a bit further ,the weather by the way Dave was great down this end on thursday ,sods law

The wind can be your friend I remember some one saying once. But I can't find any truth in it :P

Good going in the conditions, but it's still great to get out and meet like minded shooters.

Also if you don't shoot in windy conditions you'll never learn to. Although those wonderful still days when we get them are marvelous.

Cheers

Dave

Nice going boys,,,,

It never does any harm to go and play on papper,,,,, The more you do it at all differant ranges the more you learn???

Also, I think that a lot of the lads this weekend will be in weston park????

I know as we have just got back!!!!!!!

But what a day we have missed,,,, Sunshine and no wind ????

I knew we should of gone off with the rifles!!!!! Are well never mined,,, At least you to lads had a lot of fun :P

All the best from wales,, Darrel

nice grouping there lads B)

Well steve to be honest the exbal proved to be no good this time,dont know if it was because the wind was shifting all the time or not ,but remmy's 243 handled it well,as for geting about its over the pond i want to experience the most

Archived