a hole in one!

between the eyes

Having "removed" 1 Vixen from the Golf course last week I popped in to see the green keeper and he told me that he was still having issues with Foxes digging up the greens, so I made a plan to return last night with the NV set up and wait for this Fox to come to a known haunt of his. I say HIS because we presumed that having shot a Vixen it must be her mate that was left. :lol:

Anyway, arrived at the ground at 10pm, went to the said green and got settled into the front of the bushes and just laid there waiting, rifle was ready to go and all was well, then there was this realy loud noise, a sort of mechanical grinding, then like a "whoooosh" sound, WTF I thought to myself, two seconds later I knew exactly what it was, the chuffin sprinkler system, and I was right in line. I shook myself off like a wet dog and decided that there was no way that a fox would come to get wet through on that green so I had better have a walk round. ;) I scanned the fairways, the rough, and the tree lines, nothing, I didn't even see a Badger! Last time that I was there I saw 3.... ;)

Anyway, as it does, time ticked by and about 11:35pm I decided to go up to the brick shelter that is there for the Golfers to take a rest in, I sat there and had a ciggie, just after I finished it I decided that enough was enough and that I would walk the fairway back to my van, I picked up the rifle, turned on the scope and as soon as I put it to my eye who should I see but Foxy, it was walking from my right to left, I gave it a tiny little squeek with my lips, Fox stopped and was duly shot. I must tell you that this wasn't a long range shot and to be honest I'm deadly from 25 yards! :D That put a hole in one! :D

Anyway, I walked over (didn't take long :D ) to the Fox and was surprised to see that it was another Vixen, but it was also the biggest Vixen that I have ever seen. I picked her up by the back legs and her shoulders were still on the grass! Huge thing. Photo for you...

DSC00018.jpg

The Green Keeper was very happy, but we'll see if there are any more soon. B)

foxs do dig up grass, but i bet its them badgers thats doing the digging, i do 4 golf corses so iv seen it with my own eyes ,did you know that out of all young lambs taken 40% are taken by badgers ..fact .just thought id chuck that in :P ..well shot by the way even though it was a close one B)

Archived