New (probably old) rifle

I'm a little confused about a rifle I've found. It's a .375H&H BRNO, apart from that I know little about it apart from the description of NVN. I understand what this means, but how long is it since rifles left the BRNO factory without a serial number? The gun could be quite old, but being a .375 may still not have been used much. As long as it's been well cared for, it could be fine.

Is there anything I should be wary of when buying a rifle this old (assuming it is old)? I trust the seller and have bought guns and kit from him in the past, but would like to know if there are any problems I may not know about with this purchase? Are old BRNO guns as good as the newer CZs? I know they're not the same company, but the firearms they produce are very similar :)

I'm a little confused about a rifle I've found. It's a .375H&H BRNO, apart from that I know little about it apart from the description of NVN. I understand what this means, but how long is it since rifles left the BRNO factory without a serial number? The gun could be quite old, but being a .375 may still not have been used much. As long as it's been well cared for, it could be fine.

Is there anything I should be wary of when buying a rifle this old (assuming it is old)? I trust the seller and have bought guns and kit from him in the past, but would like to know if there are any problems I may not know about with this purchase? Are old BRNO guns as good as the newer CZs? I know they're not the same company, but the firearms they produce are very similar :)

The first problem is that you are unlikely to get a ticket for it in the UK for deer/boar. It is possable but I would think unlikely. A .375 is usually seen in Africa on plains game etc. I have a friend that tried, he got the ticket for Afrucan use but was not allowed to hold any ammo in the UK.

I thought BRNO were CZ or used to be, they are decent tools as far as I am aware.

A

It turns out the gun does have a serial number, it just wasn't easy to see under the scope mount or something. I've put a deposit on it as it actually doesn't sound like it is that old. It is the american type stock not hogs back, and also has a set trigger. It's fitted with a zeiss scope.

Can't wait to go and pick it up. I haven't seen the gun yet but if Andy says it's in good condition then it will be. I'm happy with his judgement :lol:

Forgot to add a UK use reply! I've been told I can have it with the right evidence, which I'm going to sort out when I'm back from Canada. You have to be a little clever I think, and feed them the wording of the guidelines. I'm lucky that my area strictly follows them. Whatever they say goes, and they say that I can have Deer or Boar as a secondary use here. Sorted!

Archived