prac 20's first fox

pnse

went out last night for a look around on a small plot of land 5 minutes from my house,put out the foxpro and started calling and within about 10 minutes this feller came bounding in a 40 grain vmax between the eyes at about 120yards stopped him in his tracks DSCN1053.JPG

went out last night for a look around on a small plot of land 5 minutes from my house,put out the foxpro and started calling and within about 10 minutes this feller came bounding in a 40 grain vmax between the eyes at about 120yards stopped him in his tracks DSCN1053.JPG

Hi Paul

well i bet the time you waited for the rifle to get finished is now all out of your mind and i think it was time well spent as that rifle is a pleasure to look at,and i bet it is even better to shoot, a true work of art.

well done on the first of many foxes.

ATB

and keep us posted with your exploits

Colin :)

well done on the fox ;) like the look of your stock and the scopes :lol: what fps is the .20 kicking out ?

well done on the fox ;) like the look of your stock and the scopes :lol: what fps is the .20 kicking out ?

hello bigun,with a 20'' barrel I'm getting 3750 fps with a 40 vmax over 25.2 grains of n133,as the gun is quite heavy at 11.5lbs its a pleasure to shoot as you never loose the sight picture so you see all the hits.

ATB Paul

Nice to christen a new rifle - well done mate!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

All the best.....................

RAY................................. ;) ;)

Nice loking rifle! How about some specs, action type, barrel twist etc and maby tell us a bit about the 20 practical - is it a necked down 223 with a slightly different shoulder angle and how does it compare to the stock 204 ruger?

I shot a rifle that looked very close to yours at Stag1923's bowscar shoot about thre years ago, it was a 20PPC and I think that a rifle smith named bower brought it, it was awsome!

Nice loking rifle! How about some specs, action type, barrel twist etc and maby tell us a bit about the 20 practical - is it a necked down 223 with a slightly different shoulder angle and how does it compare to the stock 204 ruger?

I shot a rifle that looked very close to yours at Stag1923's bowscar shoot about thre years ago, it was a 20PPC and I think that a rifle smith named bower brought it, it was awsome!

the specs of the rifle are-

practical 20

Lawton action

20'' 1-12 lilja barrel

Bowers custom sleeve over mod

Gary cane stock

Williams precision floor plate and trigger guard

badger rings

all toped off with a 5.5-22x56 nightforce scope [NP-2DD ret.]

as to the case its a 223 necked down to 20cal with no other case change

it was also built by the gunsmith you met.

ATB Paul

Archived