.223 heads

sniperkona

hi sniper

reload for my own 223 and my cz601 has a 1in 13 twist so far found it will shoot 40grain sierra hollow points and nosler ballistic tips down the same hole for the same load

50 grains are just as accurate but a small change in powder is needed

55 grains are not quite so accurate out to 1" groups but can get them tighter if i drive them fast may be faster powder would help as tend to stick with varget as it does my 308 as well thats all i have tired so far but you might get 60 grain tip to work if you can drive em hard enough

for info the forty grain loads have the record for me at 236 yd fox and they are great fun on some longer range rabbits .

i also use cci br primers as they give smaller groups for the same components in my set up so that may help you as well. have fun and reloading is addictive so be warned.

hi sniper

reload for my own 223 and my cz601 has a 1in 13 twist so far found it will shoot 40grain sierra hollow points and nosler ballistic tips down the same hole for the same load

50 grains are just as accurate but a small change in powder is needed

55 grains are not quite so accurate out to 1" groups but can get them tighter if i drive them fast may be faster powder would help as tend to stick with varget as it does my 308 as well thats all i have tired so far but you might get 60 grain tip to work if you can drive em hard enough

for info the forty grain loads have the record for me at 236 yd fox and they are great fun on some longer range rabbits .

i also use cci br primers as they give smaller groups for the same components in my set up so that may help you as well. have fun and reloading is addictive so be warned.

whats the difference with the primers then? l knew about different burn rates for powder, so now there are diferences in primers.....aagh!

Hi Sniper. My T3 has a 1 in 12" twist and the heaviest bullet it will shoot to sub MOA is the Sierra 60 grain flat based hollow point.

I use standard cci small rifle primers and 26 grns of Varget. The COL is 2.270".

This is the identical load i used for a Ruger 77 i once owned and it worked equally well in that rifle too. Berger 60 grain flat based HP's also do the biz with the same load. The Bergers are labelled as "Match" bullets so you dont need to have expanding authority on your FAC.

DSCF0342.jpg

hi sniper

i only use cci primers and they have 3 basic primers in small and large rifle you start with your bog standard primer and these can be perfectly adequate for most people . it can be worth trying a batch of br primers they are surposed to be of a better quaility and are designed to give better performance by more consistant ingition of the powder . as far as my loads go br primers give better groups with my setup and varget powder . then you have magumn primers which should only be used with powders that require them they are basically hot primers that are used it ingnite certain powders . hope this helps.

Archived