610 yards well done Col48

Funky Bunch

well the day was nice the wind was light so a good time to get the chrono put and test Col48s 6x47 and my 243AI.tests which have been well overdue

anyway we drive to one of my estates set up the bench and target board at 100 yards as we wanted to test the speed of the loads really for exbel

anyway I get to go first with my 243Ai,groups to say the least were oustanding and the speed not too bad but feeel a little more is needed

Cols then steps up to the mark gets nice and comfy shoots off a few old bullets,next step was to test a batch of bullets with different charges

Oh dear no bullets the daft sod had forgot to bring them

so after a lot of piss taking we decided not to waste the rest of the afternoon and try out the new data with my rifle,so after a few near misses the time was getting on and having a nagging wife call to say your teas on the table it was time to go.

we drove out the stopped for a final scan and there a lovel crow sat perfect at 610 yards

Col took my rifle dialed in the drop the wind yhad almost gone BANG one dead crow,

shame i didnt take the shot but it didnt matter it was great to see the results

the kit used

Nesika 243AI 1.12 twist barrel 75gr V max Vit 150 using 45.5 gr of powder federal match primer, nightforce scope,roberston stock running at 3725 FPS average

Nesika 243AI 1.12 twist barrel 75gr V max Vit 150 using 45.5 gr of powder federal match primer, nightforce scope,roberston stock running at 3725 FPS average

That is a bloody fast load. Thats pushing faster than a 22.250 with 55 grain v max ;)

Do you like the N150 powder ? Always used the N160 in my 243 AI !!

Ads

I used to use 160 but found it didnt burn down the barrel as good as 150 plus to get the velocity I had to run 51 to 51.5 of 160 which was a real case full and didnt produced presure,I have founf 150 for the lighter bullets to be bang on

Have you tried it out with the 87 grainers ?. ;)

Yes well done lads!!!!! ;):D

A cracking shot indeed!!!!! ;):o

Sounds like a nice rig there funky , and poor Col forgot his rounds - never mind he shall have to make up for it next time you guys go out!!!! :o

All the best............................... :o:(

if you were genuinely interested i would but seeing you get some sort of sexual pleasure from chasing me around forums I will decline to get into any debate with you as I cant argue with idiots they beat me evrytime with expereience,I hope this answers your question

ROTFPMP

:lol::lol::lol:

if you were genuinely interested i would but seeing you get some sort of sexual pleasure from chasing me around forums I will decline to get into any debate with you as I cant argue with idiots they beat me evrytime with expereience,I hope this answers your question

No funny business here; just genuinely wanted to know.

No funny business here; just genuinely wanted to know.

You see when you chase people around the net no one knows if it is a genuine question,or if you are going to go throw loads of old posts again and see if you can pick fault in some thing, you are getting as bad as harry. :lol: and we and many others have found its best to just ignore him/and now you. :lol:

but just for you, we have been doing this for quit some time, and we had just been out checking zero/FPS/loads/drops.its a wast of time having a crono and leaving it at home ;)

all so it is always good to validate what you all ready think you know. :lol:

i had been spotting for funky,and he had been spotting for me,We still need the practice ;)

it is very rear that we put what we do on the net now days, i wonder y,and you will find less and less people will do the same.

Anything else?

Archived