Fox control with my 6.5x55

SOUTHERNER

I met up with Mal for a spot of foxing at a local haunt of ours.

It was also an excuse for me to blood the 6.5x55 :mad: .

As we arrived we drove down the lane towards the Manor house Mal flicked on the lamp and passed it over the fields either side of us.

The grass was very long so we didnt hold out much luck of seeing anything.

As we aproached the wood we have to pass through, to get to the house the lamp picked up a pair of eyes looking back at us.

I reached for the bins to check them out, and there was a fox.

We pulled up and i went around back to get my rifle out and Mal continued to keep its interest with a few squeeks.

I make it around to the bonnet and take postion as it disapears into some dead ground about 100 yards away :(

Mal call's again and two ears appear over the brow coming like a steam train, all the way into about 20 yards!!!

I give a shout to stop it and it freezes for a second before running back out to about 45/50 yards before stopping :twisted:

Bang job done!!!!

Onto the next fields, out back of the woods where we sit and sheep watch :P for about an hour before we decide to make one last pass back to the front end before retiring to the Pub ;)

As we pass a field to our left Mal picks up another pair fo eyes about 120 yard away.

Again he holds its attention so a can take a shot and BANG!! Number two back flips its way into history :blush:

DSC00157_edited.jpg

I had taken this one with a shot between the eyes, hence the rather shocked look on his face :(

Mal looks at me and says lets go for the hatrick!!!

So we mount up again and move through the woods to the front end and about halfway up the lane the lamp gos on again nothing until Mal picks up some eyes about 250/300 yards away in the next field.

He calls and the eyes move towards us slowly then dissapear :D

Only to reapear a 150 yards away coming through the hedge, and starts working its way through the long grass towards us.

I wait until it crosses a footpath for a clear shot.

BANG number 3 in the bag :D

A quick photo call

DSC00162.jpg

and a mad dash for last orders :D

A great night out , some fantasic calling from Mal and my 6.5 well and truely christened :D

Archived