Quick foxing..

between the eyes

It was ten past nine last night and Tina walked through the door having been to a PTFA meeting at the school, I looked at what was on the goggle box and made a quick decision to go and find my nemisis, this paticular fox is the bain of my life, it frequents where I walk the dogs and like most other dogs my two take great delight in finding it's sh!t and rolling in it. This fox has to go... :D

So I got out the NV .223 set up

Photo006.jpg

and my sticks and off I went. It's not far to the cliff tops, maybe 2 miles and as I arrived I pulled into the field and parked up. Got out of the car and had a look round with the NV. Straight away I saw an old Hare, he was safe, carried on scanning and then in the next field a pair of eyes! :P Well that was quick I thought to my self. I turned on the U Caller onto rabbit squeal, all this did was to make the fox turn away and make to a small copps on the skyline, he was about 175 yards away and going away, the NV scope is only 3x mag so I knew that I needed him a bit nearer if I was going to get a shot. He got to the coppice and out of site. :(

I turned off the U Caller and started squeeking with my mouth, had a look around the fields that I could see, nothing, I scanned back round to the copps and there it was again, making it's way to me, :ph43r: I was stood right next to the jeep but hadn't even got the sticks out yet, I rested on the wing mirror making sure that the car bonnet was not in the line of fire and continued to call the fox.

There was a hedge row between me and it, I wanted to get the fox through the hedge into the field that I was stood in, mainly because of the 3x mag on the scope, if I could get it through this hedge I knew that the shot would be about 45 yards and so very manageable. :blush:

The fox came closer, I could see that it looked to be carrying something, supper maybe, couldn't tell what, maybe a rabbit? Anyway, as foxy came to the hedge it vanished behind it and I was left wondering just where it would come through, if indeed it would come through, I searched up and down the hedgerow for what seemed like ages, then straight in front of me two shiney white eyes, cross hairs placed and, Bang, Thud, got it! ;)

And here she is, a lovely little Vixen, sorry about the photo, taken from the phone and I don't know how to work the flash! *lol*

DSC00015.jpg

Photo009.jpg

All in all I hadn't been left the house 15 minutes and it was in the bag so to speak, but got my nemisis? Not sure, I heard another chuff in the uncut barley, calling. My nemisis may still be there! :mad:

Archived