Feeding Deer

Was thinking of trying to start feeding in a few areas of a wood to try and pull the deer in. Now the question is what should i use to feed them ?.

Was going to get a few mallases blocks and a sprinkling of barley.

What do you Guys use ?.

I agree, and TBH i wasnt really planning to shoot them anyware within 200 yards of a feed site. To do so would only teach animals not to come to the feed point due to danger. It would really be to try and get the Deer to expose them selves and consentrate them into a certain area.

Was thinking of a salt lick or two placed out to see what the results are.

Cheers again.

Ads

I agree, will try a salt lick with some molasis over the top just to attract them to it to start with.

Watch this space :D

Ads

Hi Adam what species of deer as reds will go any thing & the roe are very fussy. Reds will go sheep blocks/tates/neeps-cut/carrots & even seconds/chaff out of a dryer. For the roe i buy carrots for horses 20kg bag £3 & wash them plus wheat out my pheasant feeders & chaff out the dryer & SALTZ PASTE.

Mostly for the reds, there is one or two roe about but a vast majority of them are reds. Will give it all a try. Can get plenty of the chaf, Were do you get the carrots from ?.

I take it you just dump them in in a pile ? same with the chaf and wheat ?.

Thanks for the info.

Ads

Ads

Your farmers must grow neeps mate,and i can give you a CHEAP source foe pea straw,you will be supprised with teh results mate.

SURE DO. INFACT IM JUST BACK FROM PINCHING A TRAILER LOAD OUT OF ONE OF MY PARKS :)

SURE DO. INFACT IM JUST BACK FROM PINCHING A TRAILER LOAD OUT OF ONE OF MY PARKS :lol:
;) Hi auqu . Take it from me mate if its roe deer that your trying to pull in to feed up .At this time of the year to late .Roe are fussy what they lick it all depends on the ground that your deer are feeding on at the time and the time of year you start to bait up a site my it be spring or winter .

Red deer you can bait up very easy in the winter on the hill with salt but the roe deer a diffrent ball game .In the winter they move on looking for shelter roe will move on looking for what shelter they can find on the ground it me be one mile in the sping but in the winter it can be four mile. :)

Archived