"cubing with 17 hmr!!"

foxing2night

The weather has been bad lately, but monday later on was not to bad!!! so myself and andy whent for a couple of hours rabbiting and then on the lamp after dark??, all that i can say is!!! good friends, good guns and good shooting,,,,, and a good man on the lamp???

Here are a few pic,s of what we got!!!!

18-06-07_2325.jpg

we did have four but two we could not find as they were in the maze???? :D ....

04-06-07_2118.jpg

And a few of these little buggers just to round off the night :D:D

good shooting and all the best f2n!!!!!

Guest varmartin

Sounds like a good evening had there F2N.

I shot a young fox the other afternoon, and I was surprised to see it run for 50 yards. when it was inspected It was hit well.

We traced the blood trail back to were it was shot to find heart and lung matter in the grass, and a lot of blood.

Just proves how tough they can be when pumped full of adrenalin :o

Martin

Guest 308Panther

Nice Shooting F2N,Varmatin...

Figured you guys were out ticklin a trigger...

Its gonna be a looooong summer...I can just feel it.

308Panther

I must be honest I am not a lover of shooting the cubs but there are some farms that I shoot that the rules are all foxes have to go. One farm in paticular is a 1300 acre farm and it also a joins an MOD base I shoot so I look after it as in this part of the world you don't get to many farms that size, well I took Doug and Millpool out the other evening and we had a nice bag of 54 rabbits and Doug took 4 out of 5 cubs the fith one took cover and although we waited he wouldn't come back out to play :o Well at least mum and dad has one left to bring on for me to have ago at when it's a bit older and wiser, I like the challange ;)

3outof4vh5.jpg

Three out of the four the forth one Doug shot it off the bank and it went down into the undergrowth.

hi guy,s,

from what i have been seeing lately, there seems to be a lot of fox cub,s nocking around????, so it should be a good year,, the weather in the early spring was very good??, i think that this will produce a good fox population this year???, as i have seen foxes on farms that have been bare in the last year,,, the rabbits have been a problem this year?, we have spent a lot of time riding around in the landrover nocking them off with a 22??, this is ok but i do like to lie down and do a bit of sniping at the longer ranges with my 6mm ppc,, but the job has got to be done :unsure: all the best to you all f2n

Archived