597 yard bunny

Guest varmartin

Guest varmartin

well I guess I should put my 597 yard shot bunny in these pages .......

My self, Ray, Dave, Chris and the farmers son ( forget his name ) were watching a field for the show of fur in the afternoon sunlight last Saturday During Daves visit to Cornwall.

there was some jocularity as usual and some photos too......all good fun as you know....

The area we were shooting is very tranquil, with the river estuary running around three sides of the spit of land...almost a mini peninsula....

at one point a `tanker`...yep... kid you not a tanker was motoring up the river then followed by some canoeists.....quite peaceful at times...

we were set up off the roof of the 4x4`s both facing a large field the closest point being 400 yards out to about 600 ish yards all very safe back stops as usual.

I spied a bunny in the shadows of the hedge and waited for it to hop into a shoot able position.

At my disposal I had a mini weather station ( Rays ) my wind meter and Exbal loaded into my PDA.....

I pinged the bunny at 597 yards....checked the wind, only a couple mph...made the necessary corrections and advised those that were watching I was `good to go`

My rifle is chambered in 6MM BR Norma and loaded with a 75 Vmax over 33.5 grns of R15.....@ 3250 fps on top sits a Loop 6.5-20x50 LRT..

I waited for a few mins for the bunny to present its self a bit better but it was content in staying where it was...showing me about 3/4 of it body...enough I thought for a shot.

Getting nice and relaxed off the roof of Chris`s Pajero pinged it again and double checked my dope...all was good so let fly a 75 Vmax...I was rewarded with a thud and the bunny being flattened like a`knock over target` from my air rifle days...only a bit farther out this time...a very pleasing shot .

The Farmers boy was just standing there shaking his head Looking through my binoculars in disbelief.....

Some of the other lads may have a photo of the shooting point but I did not walk the Kilometer round trip to get an image of the bunny... :blush:

And a very nice shot it was too!!!! :blush:;)

Nice shooting buddy!!!!!!!!!! :D

All the best.....................

RAY.................................... :lol:;)

Well done Martin.

As I said in my other posts, it was a cracking shot.

It amazes me every time I see a shot like that, that it's possible to reach out and accurately connect with vermin at that distance.

People attempting this however must realise an awful lot of preparation and practice goes into making these shots feasable.

The day before we had a long session group shooting at 500yards, what amazed me the groups we were shooting at 500 yards some deer shooters would find acceptable at 100 yards :blush:. I think you would pass DSC1 if you can get your shots into a 4" circle, Martins group was half that!

Cheers

Dave

Martin well done on the bunnie young man it was a cracker here's the best pic for you , not the one i wanted too put on here but i've been advise not to put the one i wanted , apparently it's a bit of a bum picture anyway ;);):D:lol: .

And thank you all guys for a cracking day , it was a pleasure, and dave may i say well done for a cracking fox.

Photo075.jpg

CHEERS

CHRIS :blush:

Great shooting a Martin ,as for Dave's comment got to agree 100 % only been doing it a short while and boy is it hard work got a long way to go but so rewarding when all comes together

Archived