LRPC annual bbq shoot Bisley

Hi chaps..

Sunday saw my clubs ( Luton Rifle & Pistol Club ) annual barby shoot at Bisley on short Siberia. The idea of the shoot is to bring together the various facets of our clubs activities and the members families and friends.

Most of our clubs members are used to shooting indoor at 25 meters using carbines etc so we always have this meet at 100 yds so as not to scare the little darlings away..lol..

As the clubs F class administrator, i thought i'd run a couple of fun comps on the day with small prizes for the winners .

The first was planned to be a mini egg shoot, the cadburys little fella about 3/4" tall. Numbers drawn from a hat, the lowest number drawn gets first crack at the egg. No sighters, 1 cold barrel shot.... I had a prob.... Despite my best efforts, i couldn't find any mini eggs anywhere.. I settled for Asdas own brand jelly babies as they're a tad smaller than the barrats ones..

Using very small cable ties, the jelly was secured to the target and battle commenced..

The second comp was a straightforward smallest 5 shot group of the days wins. This was shot using the BDS 100 yard zero target.. I was reminded that as i putting up the comp prizes, i couldn't compete so my day was spent coaching and organising competitors.. :P

Despite a number of showers over Bisley, we had a great time thanks to one of our lady members bringing along 3 Gazebos for us to shelter under..

The comp results were both pleasing and surprising.. I was expecting the usual villains with Varminters to take both prizes but not so...

The first competitor to hit the jelly baby was using a Parker Hale hunter in .243 win..

The winner of the smallest group was a super lady who borrowed a Sako 75 hunter, again in .243 win.

The use of jelly babies was so popular that our smallbore administartor is going to incorperate them into a 25 meter comp too..

What have i started???? Do jelly babies have rights??? Does the Geneva convention apply to them?? Do they have a union??

Any thoughts of possible litigation against me and my club would be appreciated chaps... :D

Archived