1st fox for the 22/250

22/250 foxer

had my 1st fox with my 22/250 friday night on a cut barley field. i was resting on the bi-pod on a bale and the fox was rangefind 177 yards.

factory 55 grain federal softpoint done the job nicely ! :rolleyes: i hit the fox down the body more then i would have liked but he died instantly.

im pretty pleased with my 1st fox with centrefire and 177 yards is a pretty good start.

ive just got a jewell trigger in the post today so im looking forward to getting that fitted this week and hopefully out again this weekend.

DSC05460.jpg

had my 1st fox with my 22/250 friday night on a cut barley field. i was resting on the bi-pod on a bale and the fox was rangefind 177 yards.

factory 55 grain federal softpoint done the job nicely ! :lol: i hit the fox down the body more then i would have liked but he died instantly.

im pretty pleased with my 1st fox with centrefire and 177 yards is a pretty good start.

ive just got a jewell trigger in the post today so im looking forward to getting that fitted this week and hopefully out again this weekend.

DSC05460.jpg

Well done Jamie

cant believe it took u that long to nail one!

uve had that rifle weeks! :ph34r::rolleyes:

Andy

well done there foxer the first of many i hope.the winchester model 70 stelth is a good rifle.i liked the early model 70 the one with the 26"stainless bull barrel they where capable of shooting under half inch with factory ammo.

you really did zip that fox open :ph34r: well done on you first fox ,many more to come :rolleyes:

Well done Jamie

cant believe it took u that long to nail one!

uve had that rifle weeks! :P:D

Andy

this is the 1st time i have been out with it andy ;)

Well done Jamie,does the silencer quieten it down much,cos,I've heard the .22/250 are pretty loud mate..........Martin.

yes mate the ase mod on it makes a hell of a difference ! my mate has 223 with the same mod and you cant really tell the difference between the two when fired.

well done there foxer the first of many i hope.the winchester model 70 stelth is a good rifle.i liked the early model 70 the one with the 26"stainless bull barrel they where capable of shooting under half inch with factory ammo.

this is a early one mate with 26 inch heavy barrel. the newer stealth has the calson bell stock with parm grips.

i got it as i heard off a couple of people they shot well out the box. and with home loads should get some very good groups.

i just want skanys zeiss scope of him now for it :P:D

Well done buddy!!!!!! ;) ;)

Pleased for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best........................

RAY.......................................... :D;)

see you are on the longrange hunting site then foxer ,congrats again hope its one of many for you

thanks again foxshot. yes i go on there mate. nice to see what the guys on the otherside of the pond get upto.

most of them are into alot of target work and all this taget talk i cant understand :rolleyes: but its nice to chat to them and lean some stuff off them. hopefully it will improve my shooting then.

going to get my trigger fitted next week hopefully.

then get a better scope like a zeiss. then its on to reloading. ive been told skim bedding would be good for my hs stock but dont no ? what do you think would it improve things that much ?

as its a vermin rifle im not after target accuracy but if it makes things more consistant then its worth it i guess ?

the rifle will do 1/4 to half inch if i do my part so im not asking for much :lol:

I would say by the sounds of things once you get a quality scope and start reloading and work a load up that suits your rifle you wont need to do anything more,i know homeloads improved the accuracy on my old remi 700,the best of luck whichever way you go,and keep poping those fox's

Archived