Nikko Sterlng Nighteater

Has anyone ased a Nikko Sterlng Nighteater.

Are they any good. I know they are cheap, but are they any good on vermin and on a centrefire rifle?

J

I have one and it is fine on a .17 rimfire.

As for CF, a mate has a Remy with one fitted on a .243 and he seems to like it but it would not do for me. I had a go with hs rifle one night and shot two fairly short range foxes easily enough but then put the crosshairs on a big dog fox at about 200 yards. When I pulled the (awful!) trigger, I was absolutely bang on in terms of aim and knew that it was a true shot. Never found charlie though and of course, the fault lied entirely with the scope!!! :D

Hi, I bought one of these a couple of years back to put on a .22. To be honest it was one of the worst scopes I have ever used. Light transmission was awful even on the lowest mag (I think it was the 4-16 model), the image was washed out around the edges, eye allignment had to spot on to see anything at all otherwise the image was just a white blur.

I was probably spoiled because I had 2 Leupolds on other rifles but I tried to stick with it as I wanted a cheaper scope for my rimfire. I sold it in the end and bought a Simmons WTC which was a vast improvement.

Sorry for not painting a great picture, I would suggest having a look at one yourself as no pair of eyes are the same. I think there are better scopes out there for the money. Gareth.

Had two both fell apart on a 308, which is not a hard recoil round. 1st one lasted 2 days the replacement a couple of weeks, fitted a S&B 6x42 it lasted the rifle out and I still have it 12 yrs later, cost me about £230 second hand but very clean.

There are good cheaper scopes like Bushnell and Leupold do less costly models and so on the Simmons Whitetail classic is ok, but you mostly get what you pay for.

Redfox

well i have two of them and am really pleased with them ironically i have changed a simons whitetail off my 308 for a 6 - 24 x 56 and find it much more usable than the simmons scope and my 223 has a 4 - 16 x 50 sat on it now both are mildot il reticules . will say both are less than three months old and are top quaility passing a 5 moa clockwise and anti clockwise box test back into same orgin hole .

have to say though that i was a bit cautious when buying them but the shooting supplier i use said that nikko where having a huge drive to get back into the market and the quality control had been hauled right back to the fore front and quailty lenses are been used plus they had the whole range mounted on dummy actions on stocks so you could look through them in shooting mode so so say .

all i can say is mine do what i want and are fit for the purpose i bought them and am waiting for a third to go on to my 10/22 get them from a offical stockist and you can at least try them on the demo mounts . plus the shooting mags have been reviewing them and one voted it best new optic on the market . again try before you buy and compare its your money at the end of the day.

Archived