Remington XR 100 in .204

Hi all, been trying to do a bit of background work on a .204 for when the variation comes through. Have been keeping an eye on Guntrader and a Rem XR100 has caught my eye. Has anyone any experience of this rifle (in general)?. There doesn't seem to be that much in the way of .204s around at the moment, saw a cracking looking Ruger outfit but thats been sold. Would like to hear what others are using in this calibre. Many thanks, Gareth.

I am using a Remi LVSF in 204,and couldn`t be more pleased with it.

With homeloads it is grouping into .300 with 39gr Blitz Kings.

As far as the XR100 goes,i have heard some very good reports on some U.S forums.

Only thing i would say is that if you are looking for a carry rifle,there are probably some better choices out there.

Hi Foxwhistler, thanks for the reply, I think I'll use it more as a lying in wait rifle, so weight isn't going to be a big issue. Seen a few reports on the XR which seem good, I like the look of the stock and single shot appeals to me. Interested in the 39gn, what sort of velocity are you getting with these as initially I thought I'd stick with the 32gn or so but a lot of loads I've seen are running the heavier weight bullets. Thanks.

ps cymru am byth, Gareth.

Hi Gareth.

I am getting 3750fps with the 39gr bullets.

With an XR100 you would probably get at least another 150fps due to the 26inch barrel.

My LVSF has only got a 22inch tube,but as i do most of my shooting on foot,it suits me quite nicely.

Do you reload,as if not,i believe the only ammo loaded with the B/King,is Federal.

Regards,Jamie.

Hi Jamie. Yes I plan on reloading for it although I seem to remember that when first introduced, people were struggling to match factory ammunition. If I go for the XR with that longer barrel then it seems like 4000fps is attainable with the lighter end of the bullet range. Think I'll try factory first then reload the cases. I'll try Vmax, Blitz king and possibly Berger if I can find any. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. Gareth.

Archived