Well got out last night for a look about. Took Bruxie up to a spot i normally see biests on and need to take a few more off. We parked up and got ready, after the usual reminding to Morgan (Ians loon) that we are quite at all times and single file etc etc we were off down the track. we were heading for the edge of a moor were there is a 2 acre patch of ferns in which the does love to rut. Conditions were perfect, rain had just stopped and was real muggy. We spotted a biest on the edge of a grass park not 100 yards from the landy. We managed to get through the gate un noticed and Ian settled down behind the rifle. I gave a couple of bleet calls on the buttalo and this thing came carriering down the edge of the park and over the fence. He is now stood in rushes out of site. I gave him a few seconds to come through but nothing appeared. After a few more bleets we saw him coming through towards us. Another few seconds later and he was 80 yards infront stood looking to our right on the edge of the rushed. Lets put it this way it had a croocked neck a splitt second later ;) .

Gralloch done and we were off to the larder.

How is the rutt with you guys ? im not sure if its started here or finished (been away working for a few weeks).

A good night.

Ads

Was just speaking with a chap and he has seen plenty of action 30 mile from here. It sometimes takes a little longer down near the coast though so here is hoping......

Ads

I think it came to an end on the small piece of ground I have last week. (elgin area)

J

Hi Jingzy, Do you have much deer in that area??? the wife has relations around there Craigellachie in fact one of them has a little small holding where he says he see's a few deer didn't really ask if it were roe or red. He did tell me to put rifle in the next time I called that was 2yr ago. :lol:

Regards,Karl.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jingzy, Do you have much deer in that area??? the wife has relations around there Craigellachie in fact one of them has a little small holding where he says he see's a few deer didn't really ask if it were roe or red. He did tell me to put rifle in the next time I called that was 2yr ago. :wacko:

Regards,Karl.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner.

Yes there are plenty deer in this area, its just the availability that is a problem. In the Craigellachie area there could be Red or Roe, but it is most likely to be roe.

If he needs any removing and he does not shoot, I will gladly help. But if you are in the area, give me a shout and I will see if I can help out.

J

Archived