IN BETWEEN SHOWERS

nemasis243

Well this bloody weather is cocking everything up , you cant organise shooting from day to the next,its a pain in the ASS!!!!!

I had planned for 6MMBR and YOUNG1982 to come out for a nights foxing , but after the third downpoor in 30mins I decided to knock it on the head :lol:

So it was a night in looking at the Olympics (again), until the phone rang and this was my mate Mark ,a keeper on a local shoot.

he wanted me to go down to his place and give him a hand feeding up ,so I stuck the musket in ,just in case.

After feeding we went back to his house and had a coffee and a chat as it had started raining again, then it stopped and there was a break in the sky , lets go he said and with the 243 in hand ,off we set.

We have an old Suzuki Jeep on the shoot and have cut the back part of the roof out and its great for shooting platform , this is the same jeep that Dave did his 910yrd crow from ,its a really comfortable shooting position .

We drove into the first field above the pen and scanned with the lamp 3 pairs of eyes moving slowly down the field about 300yrds away , so we got a bit closer to give me a better shooting position as where I spotted them first of all the were sky lined.

We got up above them and at 245yrds I looked through the scope ,1big fox ,followed by 2 smaller ones, heading straight towards one of the pheasnt pens.

They had never seen the lamp before and when i was ready I gave a little sqeak that stopped the Vixon in her tracks, she looked straight at me and I sqeezed a round off hitting her smack in the chest, the cubs didnt know what to do and as soon as they stopped moving about ,we drove in a little closer,

The 2 cubs were then dispacted very quickly and then we checked the surrounding fields to see if there were any more ,but it was just the 2 with the Vixon.

It was just in time as in the next breath it P******D Down again ,so we drove back to the yard . In a break in the weather managed to get one shot but Mark had a bit of trouble with the camera ,

15082008186.jpg

Good on you for braving the showers. I think we made the right call as its a long way to come to get wet :lol:

I ended up in the pub for a few beers ;)

A good result and we'll catch up soon.

Chris phoned me last night was hoping to meet up with me this pm, I think the weather will beat us but your welcome to join us if it goes ahead.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Andy ,

Looks like you had the same weather as us in Cornwall!!!! , not very good at all..........

Good shooting by the way Captin :D :D

All the best..................

RAY................................................. :wub::D

Archived