Sunday Stalking!

Guest muntacus

Guest muntacus

I just wanted to ask you all what you felt about deer stalking on a Sunday.

I was always brought up to believe that shooting game on a Sunday was thoroughly incorrect and frowned upon by all. Personally I never shoot anything on a Sunday other than vermin and even then, I only use the .22 with mod.

What are your thoughts?

I dont know how the laws are in scotland as to shooting game in scotland on sunday but if i am correct is it not ilegal to actualy shoot game on a sunday not that i wouldnt ,as long i am not in breach of the law ???

The not shooting of game on Sunday was brought into law to stop the peasants poaching the Upper Classes game, as this was the only day that the commoner got off. Clergy also backed it to make sure that the commoner went to church instead of finding some meat for his family.

It is a law that that is well past its sell by date, IMHO.

I Suppose it stops the big commercial shoots shooting 7 days a week, but even they can only shoot them once.

B-b

Guest 308Panther

Some of our Southern States have a No Hunting on Sunday Law...But,

Its ok to have a Nascar Races,NFL FootBall and other sporting events on sunday.

I am as good a man as any other God fearin Christian...and maybe alot better than

then the religious nuts that feel they have to be in church every week.

besides...What better way to observe the Great Spirit's handiwork than outdoors.

Payin homage to a god in a man made building doesnt sense to me,I would rather be outdoors

admirin and respecting the land and the creatures for what they are.And not just as vermin or

table fare...but as creatures that have a place in the same enviroment I share with them.

308Panther

Guest A-max
I dont know how the laws are in scotland as to shooting game in scotland on sunday but if i am correct is it not ilegal to actualy shoot game on a sunday not that i wouldnt ,as long i am not in breach of the law ???

There is no law against killing deer on a Sunday!!! Well not in Scotland anyway ;)

Guest varmartin

How do we actually know that `Sunday is -------well....Sunday.

It is no different to any other day of the week... IMHO.

how about not using that word, and calling it...Funday...or even ...gunday ;)

Martin

Guest rogern

Deer are not classified as Game, or vermin either, so Sunday laws do not apply

I guess it depends on your personal thing, its a free choice, unless you have some FC stalking ground.

Regards

If I'm right as of last season there is no longer the law aoout not shooting game on a Sunday, you can now shoot them seven days a week. But I think you will find that most shoots agree that 6 days is enough and they will not shoot Sundays anyway.

If

I'm right as of last season there is no longer the law aoout not shooting game on a Sunday, you can now shoot them seven days a week

Thats what Im led to believe. And If I remember correctly only wildfowl are prohibited from Sunday shooting. I think the Sunday shooting was more to do with the Wee Kirk in Scotland! A very religious church outfit which even out lawed any Sunday work in their preachings! Again though I may be wrong I think there is still a strong following in some of the Western Isles in Scotland!

Archived