couple more in the bag

foxshot

Had a look out last night the weather was warm and very quiet,this farmer has a large amount of horses on his ground and informed me a couple of days ago he lost a few chickens told him wont lamp fields where horses were as it wasnt safe and i didnt want to be spooking them with the lamp,so he moved them to another area,arived and got started, infront of his farm are four fields where i often shot foxs before the horses arrived got to a point where i could get a clear view of all the fields then gave a call with the wam and before i knew it a fox came out of the barley field and sat at about fifty yds away before i got setled on a post it came towards me sat at no more than thirty yds away and down went a dog fox short and sweet hopefuly this is the culprit that removed his chickens, then off to the other side of the farm where there are no horses,after lamping for a while and calling another was spoted along the edge of a dyke,but due to it being quiet and the ground being wet it made me and off it went into another field ,then another just couldnt get a shot of at this one as it was to skitish and it got into cover, no sooner had it gone when another set of eyes were in a small padock field no more than 100 yds square knew this was a diffrent fox as it didnt have a care and wasnt botherd by the lamp,got down called with the wam and it just wouldnt stop had to shout at it thats when it stop'd lookd and this was my chance another dog fox in the bag at a little further than the last around 150 mark, this is when the rain started so decided to call it a night back home by twelve thirty and satisfied with the nights result,not bags like some of you lads are geting but still havnt started up scotland or the north east yet so hopefuly this will changepicture062us4.jpg

Well done buddy, Always nice to get a couple when a farmer is loosing livestoc. Nice change from cubs cubs as well this time of year. :lol:

Nice going there Foxshot!!!! :):D

Nice to see the farmer helping you by moving the horses to a safer area so you can get on with the job of cleaning up those problem Foxes!!!

All the best....................

RAY.................................... ;);)

Archived