I think im in ?

auquhollie

A while back i was out with Bruxie just sighting in the 243 ack. After finishing he spotted a bunnie out on the edge of a hill. I couldnt range it with the bushnell so i assumed it was around the 500 mark. I dialed it in and took aim. It was about 4" low. After correcting i shot again. It went 2" high, the third shot done the trick and that was that. :D

A month later northern chris was up for a spot of stalking, he asked to check zero prior to the stalk so i took him to the same farm. He came out with his leica binns/R-finder so i asked him to ping the hillside next to the wood. It came back at 620yrds :o

So.....am i in your gang ??? please please please :D

Ill roll up my trouser leg and shake your hand from under my knee :D:D:D

Ads

Guest northernchris

Yep the spot which i ranged for Ads was 620 yrds just to confirm.Out of interest how far was that hare i shot with my stalking boom stick then Ads cant remember whether it was 480yrds or 580yrds or even somewhere inbetween my head is like a box of frogs :D ??????????????????

Chris,

You were nearly right. It all started like i said when Chris came up for a stalking trip. After sighting in his rifles he took up with him we were just chatting when we spotted some bunnies out on the same hill i shot mine at (620). The question was asked are they ok to shoot ? but before i could answer he was on the bonnet of my landy and was already dialled in for elevation and a 3 oclock 10MPH wind. I stepped away from the landy and was looking through the Bins when he took the shot. 425 yrd rabbit and it was down with the 1st shot. looking at the shot through the rifle he spots another one further up the hill. 572 yards and with another correction on the NF the shot was away again. Again smack on target and this time the hare was blown to smithers.

I dont think it was long after that i asked him how much he could build me that rifle for :lol: . If i remember right it is a loather W stalking tube in a Mic A5 stock. Think it was his 6.5x55 ?.

Either way it was some awsome shooting with a hunting weight rifle.

We went on to take him and BIG steve out for a stalk and managed a nice buck for both of them. A good evening had by all.

Ads

Guest northernchris

Thanks Ads it was a cracking evening out,Steve didnt stop wittering on about his buck till we got back down to base at 2am in the morning ;) I had forgot how light it stays back up in gods country.

Yep your right the old Sakos do shoot,has you ladie recovered from the boom inside the landy from the .300 yet :lol: Just a shame we didnt get pics of the evenings fun and games.

He still goes on about the mad man with the big lugs who was shooting a VERY VERY load gun on MY dads landy :lol:;)

Think he was impressed.

Ads

Thats what happens when you enjoy rolling about playing with balls on the lawn with big men

(notice i didnt say that to his face ? hello steve if you come on here by the way)

Ads :lol:;);)

Guest northernchris

He is that used to people being"polite" to his face he loves it when people give him some stick :lol:

He looks in on here every so often but thats it.

Sounds good to me lads!!! :):D

Well done , you lads have been having a good time too by the sounds of it!!!!! ;):D

All the best...................

RAY.............................................. ;):D

Sounds good to me lads!!! :D;)

Well done , you lads have been having a good time too by the sounds of it!!!!! ;):D

All the best...................

RAY.............................................. :D:D

Its in my nature......Im scottish :)

Archived