In the 500 yard club

varminter

Went to Wales to stay with Dave ( 6mm BR ) and meet Andy ( Nemasis 243 ) to do some varminting!!!

Had a fantastic time and mangaed to get into the " 500 yard club " 4 times............. ;):D :D

All shot with me Sako 75 krieger barreled 6PPC / 58 V-maxs / ranged with Leica BRF 8 x 56 rangefinder / Speedtec windmeter and Exbal data..........................

Shot 2 magpies at 510yds and a bunnie at 522yds......................DSCF3237.jpg

Not forgetting the 501yd bunnie also witnessed by Dave ( thanks mate ;) ;) ) that i used to get me into the American Varmint Hunters Association 500 yard club............ :D :D DSCF3207.jpg

All the best............

RAY................................................ :D;)

Guest Remmy

Thats the stuff dreams are made of ray, and heres me thinking i was doing well with a half grown rabbit at 350yds, i think i need a bit more practice, nice shooting ray, rgds remmy. ;)

Thats the stuff dreams are made of ray, and heres me thinking i was doing well with a half grown rabbit at 350yds, i think i need a bit more practice, nice shooting ray, rgds remmy. ;)

Thanks Remmy!!!

Dont forget to post your 350yd shot on the " 300 yard club " section then!!!

Well done on that shot too!!!! ;) ;)

All the best.......................

RAY................................. :D;)

Ah Ha Capatain , this should be the 500yrd egg club after what you did up the mountains when you were down with me, that wasnt a big target but you made short work of them buddy ;) ,

Cany wait till November till you get down again, this long distance stuff is starting to grow , have a young guy (Young1982)who I took out on the foxes the other nite and is a very sensible and kean shooter, he hasnt got a centre fire yet but when you come down we will all have to get together and he can have a go and i feel he will pick your brains Ray about all calibres ;)

Ah Ha Capatain , this should be the 500yrd egg club after what you did up the mountains when you were down with me, that wasnt a big target but you made short work of them buddy ;) ,

Cany wait till November till you get down again, this long distance stuff is starting to grow , have a young guy (Young1982)who I took out on the foxes the other nite and is a very sensible and kean shooter, he hasnt got a centre fire yet but when you come down we will all have to get together and he can have a go and i feel he will pick your brains Ray about all calibres :P

Thanks Andy for your kind words!!! :D

Nice to see the youngsters getting keen too!!!!! ;)

Really looking forward to visiting you guys again :D;) , and as for eggs - my lady tells me she don't want them fertilized!! :P

All the best Captin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best lads and am looking forward to your writeups.................. ;)

RAY............................................ :D;)

Looks like you lads down south are gona take some beating on the long range stuff,i was well chuffed when Exbal put me on my longest shot of 361 yd rabbit sadly no witness :blink: but atleast i know i got there,went out yesterday to have another play with Exbal not a breath of wind missed a pigeon at 327 blew the feathers out of its tail and off it went

Looks like you lads down south are gona take some beating on the long range stuff,i was well chuffed when Exbal put me on my longest shot of 361 yd rabbit sadly no witness :excl: but atleast i know i got there,went out yesterday to have another play with Exbal not a breath of wind missed a pigeon at 327 blew the feathers out of its tail and off it went

Hi Foxshot ,

Nice one on the 361yd bunnie!!! ;) ;)

As for your quote............Looks like you lads down south are gona take some beating on the long range stuff

Well i disagree mate , once your into the swing of things you will be amazed with the consistency that you can hit your target / pest!!!

We all miss buddy especially when you consider how small that pest is past 300yds :) , but you dont miss by much!!!! ;)

All the best...................

RAY.................................... :D :D

Archived